The pain management service of the Royal Free hospital is a large and multi-disciplinary service, offering a whole spectrum of approaches to reducing pain and improving the lives of people with long-term pain problems. It also provides an in-patient pain management service to all patients in the hospital in pain including post-operative pain and any other non-surgical pain problem.
Our philosophy is to bring whole-person care to each patient, thinking of mind and body as a whole, so as to best help people with their pain difficulties and problems. It is for this whole person, multi-disciplinary way of working, that our unit has developed an excellent reputation amongst local doctors, patients and others, over the last 14 years.
Services offered include:
- full assessment of the pain and its effect on quality of life
- review of previous investigations and further investigations as required
- formulation of a diagnosis and treatment plan
- patient education
- medication management
- injection therapies if indicated
- physiotherapy advice about day to day changes to improve function
- group pain management programme
- pain management psychological therapies
Making an appointment referral
Referrals are encouraged through the choose and book system. Appointments can also be made following a written referral from a GP.
For further infromation on pain management services please see our list of patient information leaflets.
Telephone - 020 7794 0500 ext 34746
Fax - 020 7830 2391
Directory of consultants