Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Text size: Click to set the font size to normal

Achives centre: Childrens Hospital Hampstead

Childrens Hospital
childrens hospital hampstead
The Home for Incurable Children was founded in Maida Vale in 1875. It moved to College Crescent in Swiss Cottage in 1904, and changed its name in 1929 to the Children's Hospital, Hampstead. The hospital joined the Royal Free Group when the NHS was established in 1948, and the building was used from this point onwards as the Preliminary Training School of the Royal Free Hospital School of Nursing.

A catalogue of the archives of the Children's Hospital, Hampstead (up to 1948) can be found on the Access to Archives web-site.

page last reviewed: 22 January 2013