You can expect to be seen by one of our senior HIV doctors and have a thorough assessment of your health and healthcare needs. You will be asked if you would like us to write to your GP and will be shown around the centre. The following services should be explained to you:
- Where and how to make or change an appointment
- When and how to have your routine blood tests taken
- How to get a sexual health screen
- Where the pharmacy is located
- How the ‘walk-in’ or emergency service for urgent HIV-related problems operates
- Options for seeking advice for non-HIV related problems and options for seeking medical advice outside clinic hours
- How the day care service operates
- Other services offered by allied professionals and how to access them (for example: psychology)
Depending on your current health and blood results, you may be sent for additional tests (for example, an x-ray). If this is the case, please allow yourself extra time for your clinic visit.
Once you have been seen, you will be advised when to come back for your follow-up appointment. Please make this appointment at reception before you leave.