The Child Development Team (CDT) is a multi-disciplinary team for children under 5 with more significant developmental / health needs. The multi-disciplinary team includes occupational therapists, paediatricians, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists and a specialist health visitor. As the CDT is part of the integrated service for disabled children (also called Mosaic), we work very closely with the disabled children’s team of social workers and CAMHS.
What services are offered?
Assessment of your child’s development is done from a multi-disciplinary point of view, of which the occupational therapist is a part. Areas which your occupational therapist may assess include:
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Self help skills such as feeding, dressing and toileting
- Responses to sensory information
- Pre-school / nursery related skills
Intervention - Much of the intervention provided is done jointly with other members of the team in order to provide a coordinated service. Sessions are offered in the clinic, the home environment as well as the nursery. We work very closely with parents, carers and teaching staff. Intervention can involve:
- Direct sessions with the OT
- Home and nursery programmes to integrate treatment activities into real life environments
- Consultation and training for parents and nursery staff
- Regular reviews of the child’s progress
- Supporting your child as they start at nursery and supporting nursery staff in handling your child
- Providing equipment when necessary at home and in nursery. We work very closely with the social care occupational therapists
How to refer?
Children need to be referred to ISDC / Mosaic via a CAF or eCAF.
Referrals can be made by your health visitor, GP or other doctor, therapist or SENCO. Referrals should be sent to:
Kentish Town Health Centre
2 Bartholomew Rd
Tel: 020 3317 2200
Fax: 020 7813 8680