Respiratory medicine | Recent publications
Dr Lipman’s group:
- Paradoxical reactions during tuberculosis treatment in patients with and without HIV co-infection.
Breen RAM, Smith C, Bettinson H, Dart S, Bannister B, Johnson MA, Lipman MCI. Thorax 2004;59:704-7
- Outcome of HIV-associated tuberculosis in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy.
Dheda K, Lampe FC, Johnson MA, Lipman M. J Infect Dis 2004;190:1670-6
- Does immune reconstitution syndrome promote active tuberculosis in patients receiving HAART?
Breen RAM, Smith CJ, Cropley I, Johnson MA, Lipman MCI. AIDS 2005;19:1201-6
- Detection of mycobacterial antigen responses in lung but not blood in HIV-TB co-infected subjects.
Breen RAM, Janossy G, Barry S, Cropley I, Johnson MA, Lipman MCI. AIDS 2006;20:1330-2
- Adverse events and treatment interruption in tuberculosis patients with and without HIV co-infection.
Breen RAM, Miller RF, Gorsuch T, Smith CJ, Schwenk A, Holmes W, Ballinger J, Swaden L, Johnson MA, Cropley I, Lipman MCI. Thorax 2006;61:791-4
- Virological response to Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy is unaffected by anti-tuberculosis therapy.
Breen RAM, Miller RF, Gorsuch T, Smith CJ, Schwenk A, Ballinger J, Swaden L, Johnson MA, Cropley I, Lipman MCI. J Infect Dis 2006;193:1437-40
- Rapid immuno-diagnosis of tuberculosis using induced sputum in HIV-infected and uninfected individuals.
Breen RAM, Hardy G, Perrin FMR, Lear S, Kinloch S, Smith CJ, Cropley I, Janossy G, Lipman MCI. PLOS One 2007;2:e1335
- Biomarkers of treatment response in clinical trials of novel anti-tuberculosis agents.
Perrin FMR, Lipman MCI, McHugh TD, Gillespie SH. Lancet Inf Dis 2007;7:481-90
- The clinical application of a lung-orientated TB immunoassay in individuals with possible tuberculosis.
Breen RAM, Barry SM, Smith CJ, Shorten R, Dilworth JP, Cropley I, Johnson MA, Janossy G, Lipman MCI. Thorax 2008;63:67-71
- Immune Recovery and ‘Unmasking’ of Tuberculosis During Antiretroviral Therapy.
Lawn SD, Wilkinson RJ, Lipman MCI, Wood R. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2008; Jan 17 [Epub ahead of print]
Professor Wedzicha / Dr Hurst’s group:
- The Prevention of COPD Exacerbations by Salmeterol/Fluticasone Propionate or Tiotropium Bromide. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007 Oct 4; [Epub ahead of print]
- COPD exacerbations: defining their cause and prevention. Lancet. 2007 Sep 1;370(9589):786-96.
- Effect of tiotropium on sputum and serum inflammatory markers and exacerbations in COPD. Eur Respir J. 2007 Sep;30(3):472-8.
- Inflammatory changes, recovery and recurrence at COPD exacerbation. Eur Respir J. 2007 Mar;29(3):527-34.
- Use of plasma biomarkers at exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006 Oct 15;174(8):867-74.
page last reviewed: 25 October 2010