We have maternity day assessment units on the 2nd floor of Barnet Hospital and on the 5th floor of the Royal Free Hospital. Our specialist maternity day assessment units are for women who require additional care, monitoring and treatment during their pregnancy and after birth.
The reasons you may need to attend the day assessment unit include:
- having high blood pressure in pregnancy
- the baby not moving as much as usual during pregnancy
- you are having severe itching during pregnancy
- you are having a problem with a Caesarean section wound after the birth
- you are having a problem with the stitches in your perineum after birth
If you have any concerns or would like to know more, you can contact the maternity day assessment unit on 020 7794 0500 x65144 (Barnet Hospital) or 020 7794 0500 x33846 (Royal Free Hospital).
- Monday to Friday 8am-11pm
- Weekends and bank holidays 8am-8pm
Royal Free Hospital:
- Monday to Friday 7.45am-6pm
- Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am-6pm (closed Christmas Day and New Years' Day)
Outside of these hours you will be seen in the maternity triage unit or on the delivery suites.
Sparkle like Markle!
As a new models of care vanguard, the Royal Free London is at the forefront of taking the NHS into a brighter futu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Cape Town ward staff are celebrating the royal wedding too! They had a party with staff and patients joinng in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Congratulations to Harry and Meghan on their big day and to the brides who will benefit from wedding dresses donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Want to find out more about clinical research? Join us on Thursday 31 May for our Research and Development Open Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…