Occupational therapists will work very closely with speech and language therapists, psychologists and other professionals, including teaching staff, in putting together the intervention package.
If your child has autism, the following intervention packages could be offered:
Occupational therapy intervention
Occupational therapy intervention packages would include up to 12 sessions to cover the following:
- Use of visual timetables/social stories
- Sensory integration
- Behaviour management
- Activities of daily living
- School related activities including fine motor, pre-writing skills
A place in the Early Bird or EarlyBird Plus Programmes
The NAS Early Bird Programme was developed by the National Autistic Society as a three month, early intervention, parent-focused programme, for families of a pre-school child with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder. The aims of the programme are:
- To support parents in the period between diagnosis and school placement.
- To empower parents and help them facilitate their child’s social communication and appropriate behaviour within the child’s natural environment.
- To help parents establish good practice in handling their child at an early age so as to pre-empt the development of inappropriate behaviours.
- The programme includes sections about understanding an ASD diagnosis (including sensory needs), communication, learning useful play routines, using visual supports and structure, managing behaviour and addressing daily living routines (ie eating, sleeping, toileting, etc.).
This programme is delivered in Camden by a multidisciplinary team of professionals, including clinical and educational psychologists, specialist teachers, speech and language therapist and occupational therapists.
Sparkle like Markle!
Brian Jarman's work was instrumental in creating a distinction between GPs in deprived areas and those in more affl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
As a new models of care vanguard, the Royal Free London is at the forefront of taking the NHS into a brighter futu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Cape Town ward staff are celebrating the royal wedding too! They had a party with staff and patients joinng in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Congratulations to Harry and Meghan on their big day and to the brides who will benefit from wedding dresses donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…