Consultant in pulmonary hypertension
BSc (Hons), MBBS, MD, MRCP, FACC, FESC
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PA/secretary phone number: 020 7794 0500 ext 35893
Fax: 020 7317 7747
Dr Handler is a consultant cardiologist working in the National Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) Unit and honorary senior lecturer in the division of medicine, UCL. He graduated from Guy’s Hospital Medical School, trained in cardiology at Guy’s, UCH and the Middlesex Hospitals and was consultant cardiologist at Northwick Park and St Mary’s Hospitals and honorary senior lecturer in medicine at Imperial College before being appointed to the Royal Free. He is a member of the UCL FLARRE research collaborative with interests in improving survival in PAH, understanding pulmonary blood flow and new treatments for PH.
- Guy’s Hospital – 250 years”. Edited by Clive E Handler, published by Guy’s Hospital Gazette, 1975
- Diagnosis and management of cardiac arrhythmias in primary care”. Clive E Handler. 2002 Published by Cardionetics Ltd
- Cardiology in Primary Care”. Clive Handler. 2004, Radcliffe Publishing
- Classic Papers in Coronary Angioplasty”. Ed Clive E Handler, Michael W. Cleman, 2006, Springer,
- Living with Coronary Disease” By Clive Handler and Gerry Coghlan, 2007. Springer
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Primary Care”, 2nd Edition, Clive Handler and Gerry Coghlan, Radcliffe Medical Publishing, 2008
- Management of Cardiac Problems in Primary Care”, 2nd Edition, Clive Handler and Gerry Coghlan, Radcliffe Medical Publishing, 2008
- Vascular Complications of Human Disease: Mechanisms and Consequences, Edited by David Abraham, Gerry Coghlan, Mick Dashwood and Clive Handler, Springer
- Advances in Vascular Medicine. Edited by: Abraham D, Handler C, Dashwood M, Coghlan G. Springer Verlag; 2010.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: The Facts. Clive Handler and Gerry Coghlan, OUP 2010.
- Handler C, Handler C, Gill D. English and Reflective Writing Skills in Medicine. UK: Radcliffe Publishing; 2011.
- Abraham D, Handler C, Dashwood M, Coghlan G (Eds) Translational Vascular Medicine. Springer; 2012.
- Handler C, Coghlan G. Pulmonary Hypertension (Oxford Specialist Handbook). Oxford: OUP; 2012.
- Williams MH, Das C, Handler CE, Akram MR, Davar J, Denton CP, Smith CJ, Black CM, Coghlan JG. Systemic sclerosis associated pulmonary hypertension: Improved survival in the current era. Heart 2005: epub doi 10.1136/hrt 2005.069684.
- Akram MR, Handler CE, Williams M, Carulli MT, Andron M, Black CM, Denton CP, Coghlan JG. Angiographically proven coronary artery disease in scleroderma. Rheumatology Advance Access published online, April 10, 2006. doi:10.1093/rheumatology/kell20
- Williams MH, Handler CE, Akram R, Smith CJ, Das C, Smee J, Nair D, Denton CP, Black CM, Coghlan JG. Role of N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (N-TproBNP) in scleroderma-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension. Eur Heart J 2006; 27: 1485-1494
- Carulli MT, Handler C, Coghlan JG, Black CM, Denton CP. Can CCL2 serum levels be used in risk stratification or to monitor treatment response in systemic sclerosis? Ann Rheum Dis. 2008 Jan; 67(1):105-9. Epub 2007 Jun 29
- Valerio CJ, Handler CE, Kabunga P, Smith CJ, Denton CP, Coghlan JG. Clinical experience with bosentan and sitaxentan in connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2010;49(11):2147-53
- Dobarro D, Schreiber BE, Warrell C, Handler C, Coghlan G, Denton C. Clinical Effectiveness of PAH Specific Therapies in Sarcoidosis-Related Pulmonary Hypertension. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2012;51:72
- Schreiber BE, Dobarro D, Warrell CE, Handler C, Denton CP, Coghlan G. Big Is Beautiful: Body Size and Survival in Connective Tissue Disease Associated Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2012;51:82-3
- Schreiber BE, Valerio CJ, Keir GJ, Handler C, Wells AU, Denton CP, Coghlan JG. Improving the Detection of Pulmonary Hypertension in Systemic Sclerosis Using Pulmonary Function Tests. Arthritis Rheum 2011;63(11):3531-9
- Dobarro D, Schreiber BE, Handler C, Beynon H, Denton CP, Coghlan JG. Clinical Characteristics, Haemodynamics and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension in Sarcoidosis in a Single Centre, and Meta-Analysis of the Published Data. Am J Cardiol 2013;111(2):278-85
- Valerio CJ, Schreiber BE, Handler CE, Denton CP, Coghlan JG. Borderline mean pulmonary artery pressure in patients with systemic sclerosis: transpulmonary gradient predicts risk of developing pulmonary hypertension. Arthritis Rheum 2013; 65: 1074-84