If you believe that your child may be at risk of having coronavirus, please do not book them a blood test appointment.
If you or your child develop either of the following symptoms:
- a new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in a 24 hour period (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure temperature)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please stay indoors and keep away from others. Please do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Visit: www.111.nhs.uk/COVID-19 for advice on next steps.
- If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home or your condition gets worse, please visit: www.111.nhs.uk/COVID-19. If you cannot get help online, please call 111.
Children's blood tests at Barnet Hospital
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the blood taking service at Barnet Hospital is closed until further notice.
Children's blood tests at Chase Farm Hospital
Children below the age of 11 or who have special requirements are seen by appointment only in the paediatrics department at Chase Farm Hospital.
We recommend that you book your child's blood test appointment online - Book Appointment Online
Upon arrival in the clinic, parents, guardians or the adult accompanying your child will be asked to consent that blood is taken. If your child is being accompanied by another adult you must complete a consent form in advance.
The children's blood test clinic at Chase Farm Hospital runs at the following times (excluding bank holdiays):
- Tuesday 09:00 - 12:50
- Wednesday 09:00 - 14:00
- Thursday 09:00 - 15:30
- Friday 09:00 - 12:40
Young people between the ages of 11 and 16 are seen by appointment only in the blood test unit at Chase Farm Hospital. They need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If the young person is being accompanied by another adult, a parent or guardian must complete a consent form. Upon arrival in the clinic, parents, guardians or the accompanying adult will be asked to consent that blood is taken. Find out about blood tests for adults.
If you encounter any difficulties booking an appointment please call 020 8216 5192 or 020 8216 4933.
Children's blood tests at Edgware Community Hospital
A paediatric ambulatory hub has been established at Edgware Community Hospital and is open for urgent blood tests.
The children's blood test clinic at Edgware Community Hospital runs at the following times:
- Monday to Friday (including bank holidays) 09:00 - 15:00
An appointment will be required and can be booked by calling 020 3758 2410.
Further information about the hub can be found here.
Children's blood tests at the Royal Free Hospital
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the blood taking service at the Royal Free Hospital is closed until further notice.
Celebrating our NHS heroes