Consultant medical oncologist
PhD, CCST Medical Oncology
Phone number: 020 7794 0500 ext 38364
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PA/secretary email address: email@example.com
Astrid treats patients with gastrointestinal cancer in particular colorectal and gastro oesophageal cancer. As part of this she offer patients access to national and international clinical trials. Further to this she has an interest in IT to enhance patient treatment and care. She is currently service line lead for oncology and lead for clinical information for London Cancer.
- D Furniss, P Masci, P Curzon, A Mayer, A Blandford. Post-market design (and use) reviews for Medical Devices: Seven themes for guiding situated ergonomic assessments of medical devices: A case study of an inpatient glucometer. Applied Ergonomics, in press, 2014
- T Meyer, A Kirkwood, M Roughton, S Beare, E Tsochatzis, D Yu, N Davies, E Williams, SP Pereira, D Hochhauser, A Mayer, R Gillmore, J O'Beirne, D Patch, AK Burroughs. A randomised phase II/III trial of three weekly cisplatin based sequential transarterial chemoembolisation versus embolisation alone for hepatocellular Carcinoma. Br J Cancer, 2013, 108(6): 1252-9
- A Rajkomar, A Blandford, A Mayer. Coping with complexity in home hemodialysis: a fresh perspective on time as a medium of Distributed Cognition. Cognition, Technology & Work, 2013, 1-12
- A Rajkomar, A Blandford, A Mayer. Situated interactions of lay users with home hemodialysis technology: Influence of broader context of use. Proceedings of the 2012 Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care, 219-223. Santa Monica, CA: Human Factors and Ergonomics Society; 2012.
- N Turner, S Strauss, D Sarker, A Papadopoulou, J Bell, I Kajani, J Buscombe, F Grillo, A Mayer, D Hochhauser, RHJ Begent, M Caplin, T Meyer. Chemotherapy with 5-Fluorouracil, Cisplatin and Streptozocin (FCiSt) for neuroendocrine tumours. Br J Cancer 2010, 102 (7), 1106-12.
- M Yong, B Tolner, S Nagl, RB Pedley, K Chester, AJ Green, A Mayer, S Sharma, R Begent. Data standards for minimum information collection for antibody therapy experiments. Protein Eng Des Sel 2009, 22, 221-4.
- F Ng, H Mastoroudes, E Paul, N Davies, J Tibballs, D Hochhauser, A Mayer, R Begent, T Meyer. A Comparison of Hickman Line- and Port-a-Cath-associated Complications in Patients with Solid Tumours Undergoing Chemotherapy. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2007, 19, 551-6.
- A Mayer, R Francis, S Sharma, B Tolner, Springer CJ, Martin J, Boxer GM, Bell J, Green AJ, Hartley JA, Cruickshank C, Wren J, Chester KA, Begent RHJ A Phase I study of single administration of antibody-directed enzyme prodrug therapy (ADEPT) with the recombinant anti-CEA antibody-enzyme fusion protein MFECP1 and a bis-iodo phenol mustard prodrug. Clin Cancer Research 2006, 12, 6509-6516.
- PG Corrie, J Shaw, VJ Spanswick, R Sehmbi, A Jonson, A Mayer, R Bulusu, JA Hartley, I Cree Phase I trial combining gemcitabine and treosulfan in advanced cutaneous and uveal melanoma patients. Br J Cancer 2005, 92, 1997-2003.
- A Mayer, SK Sharma, B Tolner, NP Minton, D Purdy, P Amlot, G Tharakan, RHJ Begent, KA Chester. Modifying an immunogenic epitope on a therapeutic protein: a step towards an improved system for antibody-directed enzyme prodrug therapy. Br J Cancer 2004, 90, 2402-10.
- A Mayer, E Tsiompanou, AA Flynn, RB Pedley, J Dearling, R Boden, RHJ Begent Higher dose and dose-rate in smaller tumors result in improved tumor control. Cancer Investigation 2003, 21, 382-389.
- P Corrie, A Mayer, J Shaw, S D’Ath, S Blagden, C Blesing, P Price, N Warner. Phase II study to evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of combining gemcitabine with flutamide in advanced pancreatic cancer patients. Br J Cancer 2002, 87 (7), 716-719.
- A Mayer, E Tsiompanou, D O’Malley, GM Boxer, J Bathia, AA Flynn, KA Chester, BR Davidson, AAM Lewis, MC Winslet, AP Dhillon, AJW Hilson, RHJ Begent. Radioimmunoguided surgery in colorectal cancer using a genetically engineered anti-CEA single chain Fv antibody. Clinical Cancer Research 2000, 6 (5), 1711-1719.