Consultant in pain management and anaesthesia
MBChB, BSc, FRCA
Phone number: 020 8216 5238
Dr Gubbay's medical interests lie in teaching and education. His pain interests include opioid rationalisation and management in non-malignant chronic pain, acupuncture and spinal rehabilitation and health.
- Williams JE, Peacock JL, Gubbay A, Kuo PY, Ellard R, Gupta R, Riley J, Sauzet O, Raftery J, Yao GL, Ross JR. Routine screening for pain combined with a pain treatment protocol in head and neck cancer: a randomized controlled trial. British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2015 Oct;115(4):621-8.
- Stasiowska M, Gubbay A, Ng S, Cregg R. Postoperative pain management. British Journal of Health Medicine (London) 2015 Oct;76(10):570-5.
- Pattison N, Brown M, Gubbay A, Peacock J, Ross J, Chapman S, Sauzet O, Williams J. Towards a pain free hospital: an in-depth qualitative analysis of the pain experiences of head and neck cancer patients undergoing radiotherapy. British Journal of Pain (online before print) 2049463715599995, first published on September 23, 2015.
- Cregg R, Russo G, Gubbay A, Branford R, Sato H. Pharmacogenetics of Analgesic Drugs. British Journal of Pain, November 2013 vol. 7 no. 4 189-208.
- Farquhar-Smith P & Gubbay A. Tramadol and acetaminophen combination for chronic non-cancer pain. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, November 2013, Vol. 14, No. 16 , Pages 2297-2304
- J Yen, A Gubbay, S Kandikattu, S Chapman, J Williams. The Prevalence And Management Of Pain In Gynaecological Malignancy Within The Outpatient Setting. The Internet Journal of Pain, Symptom Control and Palliative Care, July 2012 Volume 9 Number 1.
- P Kuo, J Yen, A Gubbay, S Chapman, S Kandikattu, I Sohanpal, R Gupta, J Williams. The Prevalence of Pain In Patients Attending Melanoma Outpatient Clinics. The Internet Journal of Pain, Symptom Control and Palliative Care, Jan 2012 Volume 9 Number 1.