Dr Charlie Davie
Email address: email@example.com
PA/secretary phone number: 020 7794 0500 ext 38096
PA/secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Charlie Davie is a consultant neurologist with an interest in clinical leadership and health service reconfiguration. He has been an associate editor of The European Journal of Neurology since 2006. He is also director of UCL Partners Academic Health Science Network since May 2014.
- Hunter RM, Davie C, Rudd A, Thompson A, et al. Impact on Clinical and Cost Outcomes of a Centralized Approach to Acute Stroke Care in London: A Comparative Effectiveness Before and After Model. PLoS ONE 2013 8(8): e70420. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0070420
- W.L. Palmer, A. Bottle, C. Davie, C.A. Vincent, P. Aylin. Meeting the ambition of measuring the quality of hospitals' stroke care using routinely collected administrative data: a feasibility study.
- International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 04/2013; DOI:10.1093/intqhc/mzt033
- IST-3 Collaborative Group. Effect of thrombolysis with alteplase within 6 h of acute ischaemic stroke on long-term outcomes (the third International Stroke Trial [IST-3]): 18-month follow-up of a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Neurol. 2013 Aug;12(8):768-76. doi: 10.1016/S1474-4422(13)70130-3. Epub 2013 Jun 21.
- Dunlop J, Mackay-Thomas L, Skrypak M, Walker H, Kilby C, Davie C. Psychological needs post stroke: capturing stroke survivor’s views and experiences and gap analysis through service improvement audit in North Central London. Int J Stroke. 2013;8:5.
- W.L. Palmer, A. Bottle, C. Davie, C.A. Vincent, P. Aylin. Dying for the Weekend: A Retrospective Cohort Study on the Association between Day of Hospital Presentation and the Quality and Safety of Stroke Care. Arch Neurol 2012. Jul 9:1-7.
- C.A. Davie. Anticoagulation in cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. European Journal of Neurology. 2012;Vol19. No7:933-934.
- IST-3 collaborative group, Sandercock P, Wardlaw JM et al.The benefits and harms of intravenous thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator within 6 hours of acute ischaemic stroke (the third international stroke trial [IST-3]): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2012 Jun 23;379(9834):2352-63. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)60768-5. Epub 2012 May 23.
- S. Liu, A. Rudd and C. Davie. Hyper acute Stroke Services. Clinical Medicine. 2011; Vol 11. No3:1-2
- J. Mountford and C. Davie. Towards an outcomes-based health care system. A view from the United kingdom. JAMA. 2010: Dec 1;304(21):2407-8.
- J.W. Taanman , M. Daras, J.Albrecht, C.A. Davie, E.A. Mallam, J.R. Muddle., et al. Characterization of a novel TYMP splice site mutation associated with mitochondrial neuro-gastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE). Neuromuscul Disord. 2009 Feb;19(2):151-4.
- C.A. Davie and P O’Brien. Stroke and Pregnancy. J Neurol Neurosurg and Psychiatry. 2008;79:240-245.