Consultant clinical immunologist,
MA MB BChir PhD MRCP
Phone number: 020 7830 2141
Email address: David.Lowe7@nhs.net
Dr Lowe went to medical school in Cambridge and undertook specialist training in infectious diseases and general medicine in London. He undertook an immunology PhD at Imperial College London and the University of Cape Town, South Africa. His clinical and research interests are on the infectious complications of primary immune deficiency.
- An undiagnosed stupor in the acute medical unit: a case of malignant catatonia. G Adams, A Brown, A Burnside, R Tanday, D Lowe, K Li, PA Malhotra, A Falinska, R Coker, P Ind, U Waheed, R Broomhead, JH Bassett, AH Sam. QJM 2014; pii: hcu118.
- Neutrophilia independently predicts death in tuberculosis. DM Lowe, AK Bandara, GE Packe, RD Barker, RJ Wilkinson, CJ Griffiths, AR Martineau. Eur Respir J 2013;42(6):1752-7.
- Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia in tropical and low and middle income countries: a systematic review and meta-regression. DM Lowe, MX Rangaka, F Gordon, CD James, RF Miller. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(8):e69969.
- Blood neutrophil counts in HIV-infected patients with pulmonary tuberculosis: association with sputum mycobacterial load. AD Kerkhoff, R Wood, DM Lowe, M Vogt, SD Lawn. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(7):e67956.
- A novel assay of antimycobacterial activity and phagocytosis by human neutrophils. DM Lowe, N Bangani, MR Mehta, DM Lang, AG Rossi, KA Wilkinson, RJ Wilkinson, AR Martineau. Tuberculosis (Edinb) 2013; 93(2):167-78.
- Neutrophils and Tuberculosis: friend or foe? DM Lowe, PS Redford, RJ Wilkinson, A O’Garra, AR Martineau. Trends in Immunology 2012;33(1):14-25.
- The erythrocyte sedimentation rate in HIV: a neglected parameter? DM Lowe. AIDS 2010;24(18):2773-2775
- Elevated ferritin and malaria: cause or effect? D Lowe, G Pasvol. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2009;199(1):151-2
- The use of race/ethnicity in the British Medical Journal and Journal of the American Medical Association. A Hall, D Lowe, GTH Ellison. Society, Biology and Human Affairs 2001;66:56-63.
- Endothelial Dysfunction in HIV. V Subbarao, D Lowe, R Aghamohammadzadeh R J Wilkinson. In: HIV Infection in the Era of Highly Active Antiretroviral Treatment and Some of Its Associated Complications. Intech 2012. ISBN 978-953-307-701-7