Consultant general and respiratory physician
Phone number: 020 8216 4986
PA/secretary email address: email@example.com
Dr Creer qualified in Cape Town in 1991 and completed his post-graduate training in London where he specialised in general and respiratory medicine before his appointment at Barnet Hospital in 2004.
Dr Creer participates in the general medical on call rota, looks after general medical and respiratory in-patients. Dr Creer performs day case bronchoscopy including endobronchial ultrasound and has both general and specialist respiratory clinics including a weekly tuberculosis clinic. He has a specialist interest in respiratory infections particularly tuberculosis.
Dr Creer is an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians.
- Tavare AN, Creer DD, Khan S, Vancheeswaran R, Hare SS. Ambulatory percutaneous lung biopsy with early discharge and Heimlich valve management of iatrogenic pneumothorax: more for less. Thorax; 71(2):190-2. 2016
- Tavare AN, Creer D, Hayward M, Hare S. Exogenous Lipoid Pneumonia Mimicking Multifocal Bronchogenic Carcinoma. Journal of Thoracic Oncology; December,10(12):1809-1810. 2015
- Fink D, Barakat F, Ellis J, Lakra C, Bodhani R, Creer D, Elsaghier AF. Blood culture fluorescence rates predict severity and mortality of invasive pneumococcal pneumonia. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis; Aug; 34(8):1559-66. 2015
- O'Hara GA, Abdullah S, Creer DD, Elsaghier AF. Cord formation in BACTEC(TM) medium aids rapid identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex.
- Int J Tuberc Lung Dis; Jun;19(6):709-10. 2015
- Ling CL, Oravcova K, Beattie TF, Creer DD, Dilworth JP, Fulton NL, Hardie A, Munro M, Pond M, Templeton K, Webster D, Workman S, McHugh TD, Gillespie SH. Tools for detection of Mycoplasma amphoriforme: a primary respiratory pathogen? J Clin Microbiol Apr 29; 52(4):1177-81. 2014
- Kruijshaar ME, Lipman M, Essink-Bot ML, Lozewicz S, Creer D, Dart S, Maguire H, Abubakar I. Health status of UK patients with active tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis; 14(3): 296-302. 2010
- Dhasmana DJ, Nash J, Bradley JC, Creer D, Provenzano G. TB screening and anti-TNFalpha treatment. Thorax; 61(7): 641. 2006
- Creer DD, Dilworth JP, Gillespie SH, Johnston AR, Johnston SL, Ling C, Patel S, Sanderson G, Wallace PG, McHugh TD. Aetiological role of viral and bacterial infections in acute adult lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) in primary care.
- Thorax; 61(1): 75-9. 2006