BSc MBBS MRCP PhD
Phone number: 020 7830 2376
PA/secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Ismail has expertise in skin cancer having completed a PhD in this field, and leads the dermatology skin cancer service at The Royal Free Hospital. She also has specific experience in managing skin conditions in organ transplant recipients and runs the transplant dermatology clinic.
- Ismail F, Ikram M, Purdie K, Harwood CA, Leigh IM, Storey A. Cutaneous SCC and the DNA damage response: pATM expression patterns in pre-malignant and malignant keratinocyte skin lesions. PLoS ONE July 2011 6(7) 21271
- Fox JL, Azad A, Ismail F, Storey A. "Licensed to kill": tyrosine dephosphorylation and Bak activation. Cell Cycle Feb 2011 15; 10(4): 598-603
- Fox J, Ismail F, Azad A, Leverrier S, Leigh IM, Jackson S, Storey A. Tyrosine dephosphorylation is required for Bak activation in apoptosis. Embo 2010 Nov 17;29(22):3853-68
- Ismail F, Mitchell L, Casabonne A, Gulati A, Newton R, Proby CM, Harwood CA. Specialist dermatology clinics for organ transplant recipients significantly improve compliance with photoprotection and levels of skin cancer awareness. Br J Dermatol 2006 Nov;155(5):916-25.
- Ismail F, O’Toole E, McGregor J, Khorshid SM. Unusual distribution of punctate dysplastic keratoses and skin cancers in sun bed users – a report of three cases. Br J Dermatol 2005 June;152(6):1374-1376
- Ismail F, Goldsmith P. Emla® cream-induced allergic contact dermatitis in a child with thalassaemia major. Contact Dermatitis 2005 Feb;152(2):111
- Ismail F, Fuller C, Moore M. Infants with Tinea Capitis: experience from the GKT Medical School Mycology Department. Paediatr Dermatol 2003 May-Jun;20(3):283
- Ismail F, Rustin M. Tacrolimus ointment: a new option in eczema. Prescriber Journal 2003 May;14(9):54-58