Dr Frank Schafer
III. Medical State Exam
Phone number: 020 8216 4807
Email address: email@example.com
PA/secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Dr Frank Schafer qualified in 1993 from Kiel University, Germany. He trained in general cardiology and the sub-specialty of non-invasive cardiac imaging in Sydney and North West London.
In 2010, Dr Schafer was appointed as consultant cardiologist and clinical lead of cardiac maging. Dr Schafer is accredited in echocardiography, cardiac CT and nuclear cardiac imaging. His special interests are coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, cardio-myopathies and infective endocarditis.
- Bechman, K, Carrigan, R, Behar, J, Koganti, S, Schafer, F Impact of the "NICE guideline for stable chest pain" on cardiac investigations: our experience from the rapid access chest pain clinic service. Poster Presentation, Acute Cardiac Care Conference, Istanbul 2012.
- Khan, T, El-Sharkawy S, Schafer, F. A heart within the heart – a rare congenital cause of an embolic stroke. BMJ Case Reports 2012; doi:10.1136/bcr.10.2011.5027
- Singanayagam, A, Butcher, C, Schafer, F Epidemiological, clinical and microbiological profile of suspected cases of infective endocarditis- referrals to a district general hospital service. Abstract, Federation of Infection Societies Conference, Manchester 10/11
- Roberts, EB, Schafer, F, Akhtar, W., Evans, TR, Coghlan, JG, Lipkin, DP, Davar, JI. Real-Time Myocardial Contrast Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography in Coronary Stenosis. International Journal of Cardiology. 113 (2006) 19-24
- Schafer, F. (2001). Myocardial Infarction and Angina Pectoris – The Pathophysiology, Features and Risk Factors. Hospital Pharmacist. May / 2001, Vol 8, No 5.122-24