MBBS BSc PhD FRCP FFICM
Phone number: 020 7794 9484
PA/secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim qualified from UCL Medical School in 1998 and is a consultant in infectious diseases and intensive care medicine. Jim has a specialist interest in sepsis and infections on ICU. He is also the departmental lead for education.
1. Safety of intravenous Anakinra in COVID-19 with evidence of hyperinflammation, a case series. Kristina E N Clark, Oliver Collas, Helen Lachmann, Animesh Singh, Jim Buckley, Sanjay Bhagani. Rheumatology Advances in Practice. 4th August 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/rap/rkaa040
2. Fast and frugal innovations in response to the COVID19 pandemic. Matthew Harris, Yasser Bhatti, Jim Buckley, Dhananjaya Sharma. Nature Medicine 11 May 2020. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-020-0889-1
3. COVID-19: This is not fake news! Zudin Puthucheary, Brij Patel, Jim Buckley. ICS Podcasts Apr 2 2020.
4. COVID-19. Riaz Aziz, Jim Buckley. Brit J of Anaes Ed Podcast. Apr 2020, Vol 20, 4.
5. Use of in situ simulation to evaluate the operational readiness of a high‐consequence infectious disease intensive care unit. T. E. Fregene, P. Nadarajah, J. F. Buckley, S. Bigham and V. Nangalia. Anaesthesia 27 Mar 2020.
6. Fatal primary dengue-induced haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) in a returning traveller from India. Tanmay Kanitkar, Charlotte Richardson, Anotonia Scobie, Amy Ireson, Animesh Siongh, Michael Jacobs, Jim Buckley, Michael Spiro. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2020 (submitted).
7. Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis – The Lethal Cytokine Storm: A Case Report. Luke Flower, Richard Stratton, Animesh Singh, Rachel Westbrook, Jim Buckley. Poster; State of the Art Meeting, Intensive Care Society, 2019.
8. Tuberculosis on the Intensive Care Unit. Neha N Passi, Jim Buckley. Brit J of Hosp Med. Vol 79, 3. 2018.
9. Drug-induced liver injury from antituberculous treatment: a retrospective study from a large TB centre in the UK. Abbara et al. BMC Infectious Diseases 2017; 17(1): 231.
10. The efficacy of active case finding of contacts of active tuberculosis at identifying active and latent cases of tuberculosis in a London cohort. Joseph et al. Poster presentation. British Infection Association, 2017.
11. Pneumoperitoneum, a urological source. Charlotte Hateley, Joana Alçada, Mirae Park, Nidhi Vaid, Jim Buckley. Lancet, Vol 387, 10015, P284. 2016.
12. Factors which influence treatment initiation for pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacterium infection in HIV negative patients; a multicentre observational study. Rawson et al. Respir Med. 2016 Nov;120:101-108.
13. A Combined Vascular and Clinical Genetics Approach to Diffuse Aneurysmal Disease. Dr. Anthony Vandersteen,Kelly Jones; Andrew Choong; Natalie Canham; Rebecca Pollitt; Mandy Nesbitt; Douglas Kopcke; Lily Islam; Jim Buckley; Neeti Ghali; Sophie Renton; F Michael Pope. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2015.
14. The role of the multidisciplinary team in decision making for vascular graft infection. J Vasc Surg. 2015 Dec;62(6):1686. 7. False-positive Xpert (â) MTB/Rif more than 7 years after cure. Stevenson et al. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2015 Oct;19(10):1264-5.
15. Microbiological characterisation of prosthetic vascular graft infection. Rawson et al. J Infect. 2015 Sep;71(3):400-2.
16. A Multi-centre review of the management of pulmonary Non-Tuberculous Mycobacterial (NTM) in HIV-negative individuals. Timothy Miles Rawson, Aula Abbara, Katharina Kranzert, Andrew Ritchie, J Milburn, T Brown, D Adeboyeku, Jim Buckley, RN Davidson, Laurence John, Onn Min. Kon. Thorax, 70. 2015.
17. False-positive Xpert® MTB/RIF more than seven years after cure. Stevenson D., Biswas Jason, Lievesley A., Quinn G., Buckley J., Davidson RN. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. Vol 19, 2015.
18. A Retrospective Cohort Review of TB in Older Persons at a large TB centre in North West London: Comorbidities, Polypharmacy and Drug Intolerance present challenges to diagnosis and management. Abbara Aula, Sullivan J.A.L., Buell Kevin, Collin Simon, Buckley J., Davidson R.N. Poster. Age & Aging. 2015. Vol 44..
19. Recurrent Tuberculosis And Its Risk Factors In The UK's Largest TB Centre. K Avery, Rohma Ghani, J Buckley, R Davidson. Thorax. 2014. Vol 69.
20.The need for a validated, pathway for the diagnosis and management of Prosthetic Vascular Graft Infection (PVGI). Timothy Rawson, Ming Lee, Priya Channa, Sophie Renton, Jim Buckley. Journal of Vascular Surgery, 2014.
21. Drug Induced Liver Injury In The Treatment Of Tuberculosis In A Busy Uk Centre. S Chitty, Rohma Ghani, Aula Abbara, J Roe, Harriet Davidson, Matthew Routledge, T. Edwards, Charlotte Hateley, Simon Collin, Andrew Ritchie, J. Dzvova, J. Buckley, R. Davidson. Thorax, vol 69, pg A159, 2014.
22. Screening For Tuberculomas In Patients With Miliary Tuberculosis - What Modality Of Imaging Should We Be Using? Rohma Ghani, H. Durkan. J Buckley, R Davidson. Thorax. Vol 69. 2014.
23.NEWS implementation increases referral to Outreach. Liz Staveacre, Debbie van der Velden, Katherine Fawcett, Jim Buckley, Ganesh Suntharalingam Journal of Intensive Care Society. Dec 2013.
24.Splinter haemorrhages, Osler's nodes, Janeway lesions and Roth spots: the peripheral stigmata of endocarditis. K Sethi, J Buckley, J De Wolff. British Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2013. Sep;74(9):C139-42.
25.Temporal Variation in the Pharmacology of the KATP Channel in an in vivo model of Sepsis J.F. Buckley, L.H.Clapp, M.Singer. Intensive Care Medicine, ESICM, 2006.
26. Role of KATP Channels in Sepsis James F Buckley, Mervyn Singer, Lucie H Clapp. Cardiovascular Research, 72(2): 220-230,2006.
27. Diminished neutrophil recruitment in Crohn’s disease attenuates the inflammatory response to bacteria in vivo D.J.B. Marks, F.Z. Rahman, J. Buckley, J. Tempero, R. MacAllister, S. Bloom & A.W. Segal. European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 36: supplement 1, 1-94, 2006.
28. Effects of exogenous nitric oxide on KATPchannel potentiation in vascular smooth muscle J. Buckley, M.Singer, L.H.Clapp. Intensive Care Medicine, 31 (9): S18, 2005.
29. Investigation of the actin cytoskeleton in an organ culture sepsis model J.F. Buckley, M.Singer, L.H.Clapp. Intensive Care Medicine, 31(9): S43, 2005.
30. The pore-forming subunit of the KATP channel is an important mediator of LPS-induced vascular hyporeactivity in vitro A.J. O’Brien, G. Thakur, J. F. Buckley, M. Singer, L.H. Clapp. Brit J Pharm, 144: 367-375, 2004.
31. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene J. Buckley. Book Review: Clinical intensive Care and Acute Medicine. Hillman & Bishop, Cambridge University Press, 99: 396-398, 2005.
32. Multicentric plasma cell variant Castleman’s disease mimicking intrapulmonary malignancy J. Buckley, PJ Shaw, JD Cartledge, RF Miller. Sexually Transmitted Infections, 78: 304-305, 2002