MBBS PhD MRCP FRCPath
Phone number: 020 7794 0500 ext 34140/35561
PA/secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Gomez first started working in the centre in 1994. His main clinical and research interests include the genetic basis of inherited disorders of coagulation, the diagnosis and management of platelet disorders and the clinical management of the rarer factor deficiencies.
- Ling G, Kagdi H, Subel B, Chowdary P, Gomez K. (2015) Safety and efficacy of factor XI (FXI) concentrate use in patients with FXI deficiency: a single-centre experience of 19 years. Haemophilia. doi: 10.1111/hae.12868. PubMed PMID: 26663472.
- Card DJ, Shearer MJ, Schurgers LJ, Gomez K, Harrington DJ. (2015) What's in a name? The pharmacy of vitamin K. Br J Haematol. doi: 10.1111/bjh.13828. PubMed PMID: 26492096.
- Ahmed N, Mansoor A, Sehmi J, Gomez K, Sethi A. (2015) The effects of angiotensin II signaling blockade on platelet activity in subjects with hypertension. Curr Hypertens Rev. 11(2):116-22.
- Westbury SK et al.; BRIDGE-BPD Consortium. Human phenotype ontology annotation and cluster analysis to unravel genetic defects in 707 cases with unexplained bleeding and platelet disorders. (2015) Genome Med. 9;7(1):36.
- Fogarty PF et al.; Global Emerging Hemophilia Panel (GEHEP). (2015) Presentation and management of acute coronary syndromes among adult persons with haemophilia: results of an international, retrospective, 10-year survey. Haemophilia.21(5):589-97.
- Shepherd AJ, Skelton S, Sansom CE, Gomez K, Moss DS, Hart DP. (2015) A large-scale computational study of inhibitor risk in non-severe haemophilia A. Br J Haematol.168(3):413-20.
- Chen L et al. (2014) Transcriptional diversity during lineage commitment of human blood progenitors. Science. Sep 26;345(6204):1251033
- Gomez K, Klamroth R, Mahlangu J, Mancuso ME, Mingot ME, Ozelo MC (2014) Key issues in inhibitor management in patients with haemophilia. Blood Transfus. Suppl 1:s319-29
- Rallapalli PM, Kemball-Cook G, Tuddenham EG, Gomez K, Perkins SJ. (2013) An interactive mutation database for human coagulation factor IX provides novel insights into the phenotypes and genetics of hemophilia B. J Thromb Haemost. 11(7):1329-40.
- Gomez K and Chitlur M (2013) Survey of laboratory tests used in the diagnosis and evaluation of haemophilia A. Thromb Haemost. 109(4): 1-7
- Riddell A, Abdul-Kadir R, Pollard D, Tuddenham E, Gomez K (2011) Monitoring low dose recombinant factor VIIa therapy in patients with severe factor XI deficiency undergoing surgery. Thromb Haemost. 106(3):521-7
- Setty S, Reddell A, England A, Gomez K, Kadir R (2011) The role of recombinant factor VIIa for obstetric block in women with severe factor XI deficiency. Haemophilia. 17(6):906-9
- Mellars G, Gomez K. (2011) Mutation detection by Southern blotting. Methods Mol Biol. 688:281-91.
- Riddell AF, Gomez K et al. (2009) Characterization of W1745C and S1783A: 2 novel mutations causing defective collagen binding in the A3 domain of von Willebrand factor. Blood 114;16:3489-3496
- Saunders RE, Shiltagh N, Gomez K et al. (2009) Structural Analysis Of Eight Novel And 112 Previously Reported Missense Mutations In The Interactive FXI Mutation Database Reveals New Insight On FXI Deficiency. Thromb Haemost. 102;2:287-301
- Gomez K and Bolton-Maggs P (2008) Factor XI deficiency. Haemophilia 14: 1183-1189
- Gomez K and McVey JH (2005) TF-initiated blood coagulation. In Encyclopedia of Bioscience: Blood coagulation, inflammation and thrombosis. Front. Biosci. 11: 1349-1359.
- Gomez K , McVey JH and Tuddenham E (2005) Termination of coagulation by the formation of macromolecular complexes. Haematologica 90: 1570-1577.
- Gomez K, Laffan MA, Kemball-Cook G, Pasi J, Layton M, SingerJD, Tuddenham EG and McVey JH (2004) Two novel mutations in severe factor VII deficiency. Br. J. Haem. 126: 105-110.
- Gomez K and Laffan M (2004) Hunting for the Mutation in Inherited Thrombophilia. Blood Coagul. Fibrinolysis 15:125-7.
- Gomez K (2014) Molecular basis of hemophilia B in Textbook of Hemophilia, eds Lee, Berntorp & Hoots. 13:88-93
- Kemball-Cook G and Gomez K (2014) Molecular basis of hemophilia A in Textbook of Hemophilia, eds Lee, Berntorp & Hoots. 3:24-32
- Gomez K, Tuddenham E and McVey J (2010) Normal haemostasis in Postgraduate Haematology, eds Hoffbrand, Catovsky, Tuddenham & Green. 39:747-773