Consultant in endocrinology and diabetes
MBChB BSc(Hons) PhD FRCP (London)
PA/secretary phone number: 020 8216 5479
PA/secretary email address: email@example.com
Fax: 020 8216 5480
Dr Cohen was appointed as consultant in endocrinology/diabetes in 2006. His research focused on the role of gut hormones in the regulation of food intake. He has a special interest in the management of obesity in the context of type 2 diabetes and has clinical expertise in the management of hyponatraemia.
- Rahman H, Dupont P, Cohen MA & Vancheeswaran R (2013) A case of profound hypercalcaemia and acute kidney injury. BMJ 2013;347:f6744
- Pomroy JW & Cohen MA (2013) A case of severe gestational diabetes insipidus. 15th Clinicopathological Conference of Pituitary Disease, Royal College of Physicians.
- Connell A & Cohen MA (2013) A case of severe hypoaldosteronism following unilateral adrenalectomy for Conn’s syndrome. Endocrine Abstracts 31:82.
- Bamfo JEAK, Sharif S, Donnelley T, Cohen MA & Golara M (2011) A case of pituitary apoplexy masquerading as hyperemesis gravidarum. Journal of Obstretrics and Gynaecology 31(7): 662-662.
- Agha-Jaffar R, Scott RV, Lok LSC, Druce MR, Grossman AB & Cohen MA (2010). Utilising combined treatment modalities in non-islet cell tumour-induced hypoglycaemia (NICTH). British Endocrine Society March 2010.
- Cohen MA, Ellis SM, Le Roux CR, Batterham RL, Park A, Patterson M, Frost GS, Ghatei MA & Bloom SR. (2003). Oxyntomodulin suppresses appetite and reduces food intake in humans. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 88: 4696-4701.
- Batterham RL, Cohen MA, Ellis SM, Le Roux, CW, Withers DJ, Frost GS, Ghatei MA & Bloom SR. (2003). Inhibition of food intake in obese subjects by peptide YY 3-36.
- New England Journal of Medicine 349: 941-948.
- Dakin CL, Small CJ, Batterham RL, Neary NM, Cohen MA, Patterson M, Ghatei MA & Bloom SR. (2004). Peripheral oxyntomodulin reduces food intake and body weight gain in rats. Endocrinology 145: 2687-2695.
- Batterham RL, Le Roux CW, Cohen MA, Park A, Ellis SM, Patterson M, Frost GS, Ghatei MA & Bloom SR. (2003) Pancreatic polypeptide reduces appetite and food intake in humans. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 88: 3989-3992.
- Batterham RL, Cowley MA, Small CJ, Herzog H, Cohen MA, Dakin CL, Wren AM, Brynes AE, Low MJ, Ghatei MA, Cone RD & Bloom, SR. (2002).
- Gut hormone PYY(3-36) physiologically inhibits food intake. Nature 418: 650-654.
- Taheri S, Murphy K, Cohen MA, Sujkovic E, Kennedy A, Dhillo W, Dakin C, Sajedi A, Ghatei MA & Bloom SR. (2002). The effects of centrally administered apelin-13 on food intake, water intake and pituitary hormone release in rats. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 291: 1208-1212.
- Russell SH, Small CJ, Sunter D, Morgan I, Dakin CL, Cohen MA, & Bloom SR. (2002). Chronic intraparaventricular nuclear administration of orexin A in male rats does not alter thyroid axis or uncoupling protein-1 in brown adipose tissue. Reguatory Peptides 104: 61-68