UCL Medical School Tutor
BSc (Hons), MBBS, FRCPath, MAcadMEd
Phone number: 020 7830 2227
Email address: email@example.com
PA/secretary phone number: 020 7794 0500 x.37440
Fax: 020 7435 3289
Dr Tran-Dang is a Consultant Histopathologist specialising in urological pathology and gynaecological pathology. She has a specialist interest in kidney tumours and is part of the histopathology reporting team at the Supra-Regional Specialist Centre for Kidney Cancer.
She obtained her medical degree (with Distinction) from Guy’s & St. Thomas’s Medical School, London, and undertook Specialist Registrar histopathology training at Imperial College (St. Mary’s, Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals) and the Royal Free Hospital. She has received a number of research awards including the RSM President’s Prize in Pathology and the Monbusho International Research Fellowship, for which she undertook scientific research in Japan.
She has a strong interest in teaching and training and contributes to undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. She is a UCL Medical School Tutor, an Educational Supervisor for histopathology trainees, and a member of the Academy of Medical Educators.
- British Association of Urological Pathologists
- European Network of Urological Pathologists
- Academy of Medical Educators
- Royal College of Pathologists
- S. M. Banerjee, A. Malhotra, S. El-Sheikh, D. Tsukagoshi, M. Tran-Dang, A. Mosse, S. Parker, T. I. Davidson, N. R. Williams. S. G. Brown & M. R. Keshtgar. Photodynamic therapy for the treatment of primary breast cancer: Preliminary results of a phase I/IIa clinical trial. Cancer Research 2017, 77 (4 Suppl): OT2-02-01
- S. M. Banerjee, N. R. Williams, T. I. Davidson, S. El-Sheikh, M. Tran-Dang, S. Davison & M. R. Keshtgar. The use of one-step nucleic acid amplification (OSNA) and tumour-related factors in the axillary management of breast cancer: A predictive model. European Journal of Surgical Oncology 2016, 42(5): 641-649
- M. Tran-Dang, N. Banga, B. Khoo & A. W. H. Bates. Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumour arising in the adrenal gland; A case report. Journal of Medical Case Reports 2014, 8(1): 411
- Banerjee SM, Michalopoulos NV, Williams NR, Davidson T, El-Sheikh S, McDermott N, Tran-Dang M, Davison S & Keshtgar MR. Detailed evaluation of one step nucleic acid (OSNA) molecular assay for intraoperative diagnosis of sentinel lymph node metastasis and prediction of non-sentinel nodal involvement: Experience from a London Teaching Hospital. Breast 2014; 23(4): 378-84
- A. Rice, M. Tran-Dang, A. Bush, M. N. Sheppard & A.G. Nicholson. Diffuse lung disease in infancy and childhood: expanding the chILD classification. Journal of Histopathology 2013, 63(6): 743-755
- R. Dina, M-A Tran-Dang, F. Mauri, M. Gudi, P. Cohen, R. Ahmad, L. Batav, P. Vlavianos & D. Spalding. Pancreatobiliary cytology in the multidisciplinary setting. Journal of Cytopathology 2013, 24(3): 150-158
- G. Reese, C. Reid, M. Tran-Dang, R. Goldin, A. Fitzgerald, P. Tekkis & V. P. Wallace. Using Terahertz pulsed imaging (TPI) to identify colonic pathology. Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves 2008, DOI: 10.1109/ICIMV.2008.4665690
- S. Aslam, S. Sarker, M. Tran-Dang, L. Yuen, N. Niskopoulou, D. Thomas & T. Poole. Effect of hyaluronidase on ocular motility and eyelid function in sub-Tenon's anaesthesia: A randomised controlled trial. Eye 2006, 20(5): 579-82
- D. Smith, M-A Tran-Dang, B. Khoubehi, R. Witherow, J. Vale, A. Patel & M. Walker. Stromal nodules and vessel wall thickening are pathological features of BPH associated with failure of α-blocker therapy. European Urology Supplements 2006, 5(2): 198
- D. Smith, M-A Tran-Dang, B. Khoubehi, R. Witherow, J. Vale, A. Patel & M. Walker. Stromal nodules and vessel wall proliferation in TURP specimens are associated with failure of medical therapy with α-blockers. BJU International 2005, 95: 76
- M. Tran-Dang & A. M. Butt. Developmental changes in oligodendrocyte differentiation during Wallerian degeneration of the rat optic nerve. Journal of Anatomy 1997, 191(I): 129