Dr Ranjna Garg
Consultant physician (acute) and diabetologist
MBBS, MSc, MRCP, MD
Dr Garg was appointed consultant in 2008 and joined the trust in 2010. She is a keen and enthusiastic teacher and innovator who thinks outside the box and drive to make a difference in people’s life. he has published in medicine and diabetes and high dose insulin has been one of her key research area for obese people with severe insulin resistance.
- Management of Diabetic ketoacidosis in adults: Raj R, Garg R, Agarwal AK, Patel V. BMJ web publication BMJ learning. 2013
- Palliative care in stroke medicine (part 1): Agarwal AK, Garg R: Gerimed ( 2011) Sept, 457-463
- Palliative care in stroke medicine (part 2): Agarwal,AK,Garg R: Gerimed ( 2011) Oct 504-510
- Thrombolysis in acute stroke: Agarwal,AK,Garg R: Gerimed (2010) 41, March, 152-157
- Pancreatitis associated with the use of sitagliptin and orlistat combination: a case
- Report: R. Garg, S. Ibrahim and C. Hussey, 2010. Diabetic medicine Vol 27(4) 485-486
- Management of Obesity in primary care: Garg R, George A, Agarwal A, Heartland AH: Clinical focus, 2009, Vol 3 (3), 82-85
- Capecitabine induced severe hypertriglyceridemia and diabetes: R Garg, A Ehien and S Fincher, 2009. Diabetic medicine Vol 26(12) 1308-1309
- Control of Hypertension in diabetic patient for prevention of stroke: Garg R, Agarwal AK. Geri Med, 2008,38;(12) 653-656.
- Secondary aorto-enteric fistula: a case report and review of literature Reminder of important clinical lesson. McAloon CJ, Leong WB, Garg R, Narendran N, BMJ Case Reports 2009 [doi:10.1136/bcr.08.2008.0721]
- Diabetes, Hypertension and Nephropathy: Garg R, Agarwal AK. Geri Med, 2008,38;(12) 653-656.
- Case Study: A 30-Year-Old Man With Metformin-Treated Newly Diagnosed Diabetes and Abdominal Pain: R Garg, Clin Diabetes. 2007 25: 77-78
- U-500 Insulin: Why, When and How to Use in Clinical Practice. Garg R, Johnston V, McNally PG, Davies MJ, Lawrence IG. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2007 May;23(4):265-8
- Ring enhancing lesion on CT Scan: Metastases or a brain abscess? Agarwal AK, Garg R, Simon M. Emerg Med J. 2007 Oct; 24(10):706
- Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding : An Unusual Cause: R Garg. Emerg Med J. 2007 Jul;24(7):520
- Rosiglitazone: Safety and efficacy in combination with insulin in poorly controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus patients treated with insulin alone. Garg R, Gopal J, Jones GR, Journal Diabetes Complications. 2007, Jan-Feb 21(1), 1-6
- A patient that changed my life: Garg R. BMJ, 2006; 333:1206
- Management of Diabetes in elderly persons: Agarwal AK, Garg R, Vaquas S, Patel V, Geriatric Medicine Sept 2006
- Practical aspects in the usage of U500 insulin. Garg R, Johnston V, McNally PG, davies MJ, Lawrence IG. Pract Diab Int. 2006, Vol23 (3), 115 –121, The alphabet strategy: Prevention of diabetic foot ulcer, Garg R, Agarwal AK, Barker A, Patel V, Diabetes Foot Journal Spring issue 2005