Dr Rebecca Liu
MBBS BSc(Hons) PhD FRCP
Phone number: 020 7830 2864
Email address: Rebecca.Liu@nhs.net
PA/secretary email address: Rosalind.Butterworth@nhs.net
Fax: 020 7317 7764
Private practice phone number: 020 7830 2864
Dr Liu is a consultant neurologist at the Royal Free Hospital where she runs general neurology and specialist epilepsy clinics treating patients with newly diagnosed and chronic refractory epilepsy. She is the audit lead for neuroscience for the trust and is the community clinical lead for epilepsy in Camden. She has helped establish and lead a community epilepsy service in Camden which provides integrated and holistic epilepsy care. She also has an interest in functional neurological disorders. She is an honorary consultant neurologist at the National Hospital, Queen Square. Her PhD and research interests lie in the structural effects of epilepsy.
- A Misleading case of CSF cytology: a cautionary tale. Parker T, Mahoney C, Pencharz D, Cwynarski K, Liu R. Pract Neurol 2014;14(6):429-31
- Network Meta-Analysis and the Comparison of Efficacy and Tolerability of Antiepileptic Drugs for Treatment of Refractory Focal Epilepsy. Zaccara G, Sisodiya SM, Giovannelli F, Walker MC, Heaney DC, Angus-Leppan H, Wehner T, Eriksson SH, Liu R, Rugg-Gunn F, Shorvon SD, Sander JW. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2013 Jun 6. doi: 10.1111/bcp.12175.
- Automatic segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala driven by hybrid constraints: Method and validation. Chupin M, Hammers A, Liu RSN, Colliot O, Burdett J, Bartinet E, Duncan JS, Garnero L, Lemieux L. NeuroImage 2009;46:749-761.
- Cerebral damage in epilepsy: a population-based longitudinal quantititative MRI study. Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Bell GS, Sisodiya SM, Bartlett PA, Shorvon SD, Sander JWAS, Duncan JS. Epilepsia 2005, Sep; 46:9:1482-1494.
- Psychiatric adverse events during Levetiracetam therapy. Mula M, Trimble MR, Yuen A, Liu RSN, Sander JWAS. Neurology 2003;61:704-706.
- A longitudinal study of normal ageing using quantitative MRI and difference image analysis.
- Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Bell GS, Sisodiya SM, Bartlett PA, Shorvon SD, Sander JWAS, Duncan JS. NeuroImage 2003; 20:22-33.
- Automatic segmentation of the brain and intracranial cerebrospinal fluid in T1-weighted volume MRI scans of the head and its application to serial cerebral and intracranial volumetry.
- Lemieux L, Hammers A, Mackinnon T, Liu RSN.
- Magnetic Resonance Medicine 2003;49:872-884.
- Progressive neocortical damage in epilepsy.
- Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Bell GS, Hammers A, Sisodiya SM, Barlett PA, Shorvon SD, Sander JWA, Duncan JS.
- Annals of Neurology 2003;53:312-324.
- Seizure associated hippocampal volume loss: a longitudinal magnetic resonance study of temporal lobe epilepsy. Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Bell GS, Sisodiya SM, Duncan JS. Annals of Neurology 2002;52:861.
- The structural consequences of newly diagnosed seizures.
- Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Bell GS, Sisodiya SM, Bartlett PA, Shorvon SD, Sander JWAS, Duncan JS. Annals of Neurology 2002;52:573-580.
- A longitudinal quantitative MRI study of community-based patients with chronic epilepsy and newly diagnosed seizures: methodology and preliminary findings.
- Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Bell GS, Bartlett PA, Sander JWAS, Sisodiya SM, Shorvon SD, Duncan JS. Neuroimage 2001;14:231-243.
- Association between brain size and abstinence from alcohol.
- Liu RSN, Lemieux L, Shorvon SD, Sisodiya SM, Duncan JS. Lancet 2000;355 (9219):1969-1970.
- Book Chapters:
- Bell GS, Liu RSN. Provision of clinical services for people with epilepsy. Oxford ILAE Handbook 2015
- Liu RSN. Serial Imaging of the Brain. In: Epilepsy. Drayer BP, editor; Duncan JS, guest editor. Neuroimaging Clinics of North America. Aug 2004, Vol 14, Number 3. p437-448.