Consultant in Intensive Care and Anaesthesia
BMedSciBMBS FRCP FRCA FFICM EDIC DMCC PGCME
Dr Bigham is a consultant specialising in intensive care medicine and anaesthetics. She is a regional advisor for North Central Thames ICM.
- Anthony W. Martinelli et al. COVID-19 and Pneumothorax: A Multicentre Retrospective Case Series. Eur Respir J 2020 Sep 9;2002697.
- Fregene TE, Nadarajah P , Buckley JF, Bigham S, Nangalia V. Use of in situ simulation to evaluate the operational readiness of a high-consequence infectious disease intensive care unit. Anaesthesia. 2020 Jun;75(6):733-738.
- Bigham S. Massive haemorrhage from a haemofiltration line (Vascath) on returning from computed tomography, resulting in cardiac arrest: A coroner’s request for dissemination. JICS 2016;17:82-83
- Bigham S, Bigham C, Martin D. Predictors of outcome post cardiac arrest. J Intensive Care Med. 2013 Nov 12.
- Bigham C, Bigham S, Jones C. Does the bispectral index monitor have a role in intensive care? Journal of the Intensive Care Society. Volume 13 Number 4 October 2012
- Bigham S, Cock H. Reduced absorption of lipophilic anti-epileptic medications when used concomitantly with the antiobesity drug orlistat. Epilepsia 2006. Dec:47 (12):2207
- Bigham S, Cock H. Delerium. Br. J Hospital Medicine Dec 2005: 66(12):M96-8. Review.
- Bigham S, Nitkunan A, Cock HR Tacrolimus induced chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and ischaemic stroke. Poster presentation at the Association of British Neurologists 2005
- O’Riordan S, Bigham S, Cock HR. Sydenham’s chorea with anti-basal ganglia antibodies, new-onset diabetes mellitus and prominent basal ganglia calcification. Mov Disord 2006 ;21:S354. Also Poster presentation at the Association of British Neurologists 2005
- McGuigan C, Bigham S, Johnston D, Hart P. Encephalopathy in a patient with previous malignancy but normal brain imaging. Neurology 2005. 65 July p165. Case report.
- Thornley J, Jenkins D, Bigham S et al. Persistence and Resolution of Symptoms of Campylobacter Enteritis GUT 1998, 42 Abstract A25.
- Thornley J, Jenkins D, Bigham S et al. Immune and Inflammatory Cell Populations during the resolution of Campylobacter Enteritis. Journal of Medical Microbiology 1998. 47 (5) p468. Abstract.