Dr Sian Williams
Consultant in occupational medicine
MRCP, MD, FFOM
Phone number: 020 3075 1582
Email address: Sian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sian Williams is currently on secondment to the Royal College of Physicians in London, where she is clinical director of the Health and Work Development Unit (HWDU). Her unit works to improve the health of NHS staff, as evidence shows that healthier staff provide better care to patients.
- Pattani S, Constantinovici N, Williams S. Who retires early from the NHS because of ill health and what does it cost? A national cross sectional study. BMJ 2001;322:208-9.
- Grime PR, Risi L, Binns C, Carruthers JR, Williams S. Pan Thames survey of occupational exposure to HIV and the use of post exposure prophylaxis in 71 NHS Trusts. Journal of Infection 2001;42:1-6
- Kennedy I, Williams S, Reynolds A, Cockcroft A, Solomon J, Farrow S. General Practitioners’ compliance with health and safety legislation and their occupational health needs in one London health authority. British Journal of General Practice 2002;52:741-742.
- Michie S, Williams S. Reducing work-related psychological ill health and sickness absence:a systematic literature review.Occup Environ Med 2003;60:3-9
- Grime P, Williams S, Nicholson S. A new undergraduate teaching session in occupational medicine. Medical Education 2003;37:1033-1034.
- Cullinan P, Brown R, Field A, Hourihane J, Jones M, Kekwick R, Rycroft R, Stenz R, Williams S, Woodhouse C. Latex allergy. A position paper of the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Clin Exp Allergy 2003; 33:1484-1499.
- Michie S, Wren B, Williams S. Reducing absenteeism in hospital cleaning staff: pilot of a theory based intervention. Occup Environ Med 2004;61:345-349
- Pattani S, Constantinovici N, Williams S. Predictors of re-employment and quality of life in NHS staff one year after early retirement because of ill health - a national prospective study. Occup Environ Med 2004;61:572-576
- Grime P, Williams S, Nicholson S. Medical students’ evaluation of a teaching session in occupational medicine: the value of a workplace visit. Occup Med 2006; (56):110-114
- Williams S, Lebotte V, Ramsay M. Compliance with follow-up after occupational exposure to hepatitis C. Occup Med 2007: Occup Med 2007 ;57(8):596-8.
- Madan I, Williams S. Is pre-employment health screening by questionnaire effective? Occupational Medicine 2011; doi: 10.1093/occmed/kqr208
- Williams S, Rogers C, Peel P, Harvey S, Henderson M, Madan I Smedley J, Grant R. Measuring how well the NHS looks after its own staff: methodology of the first national clinical audits of occupational health services in the NHS. J Eval Clin Prac 2012; (18):283–289.je
- R. Preece; S. Williams; S. Jones; P. Peel; M. Roughton. Measuring implementation of evidence-based guidance on promoting workers' health.Occupational Medicine 2012; doi: 10.1093/occmed/kqs143
- Smedley J, Williams S, Peel P, Pedersen K. Management of occupational dermatitis in healthcare workers: a systematic review. Occup Environ Med 2012;69:4 276-279