Consultant respiratory physician
BSc, MBBS, MRCP
PA/secretary phone number: 020 7472 6260
PA/secretary email address: email@example.com
Private practice phone number: 0207 794 0500 Ext: 34273
Private practice email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Mandal has a sub-specialist interest in sleep and ventilation. She has spent four years pursuing research in this field at a renowned sleep and ventilation centre, particularly in individuals with obesity and sleep disordered breathing.
- Parasternal Electromyography to Determine the Relationship between Patient-Ventilator Asynchrony and Nocturnal Gas Exchange during Home Mechanical Ventilation Set Up. M. Ramsay, S. Mandal, E. Suh, J. Steier, A. Douiri, P. Murphy, M. Polkey, A. Simonds, N. Hart
- Neural respiratory drive predicts clinical deterioration and safe discharge in exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. E. Suh, S. Mandal, R. Harding, M. Ramsay, M. Kamalanathan, K. Henderson, K. O’Kane, A. Douiri, N. Hopkinson, M.I. Pollkey, G. Rafferty, P.B. Murphy, J. Moxham, N. Hart. Accepted for publication by Thorax
- Medium-term cost-effectiveness of an automated non-invasive ventilation outpatient versus a standard fixed level non-invasive ventilation set-up in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure: a protocol description, S. Mandal, G. Arbane, P . Murphy, MW Elliott, JP. Janssens, JL. Pepin, Jf. Muir, A. Cuvelier, M. Polkey, D. Parkin, A. Douiri, N. Hart., BMJ Open 2015;5:4 e007082 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007082 ePub ahead of print
- The Use of a Prospective Audit Proforma to Improve Door-to-Mask times for Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation.. Mandal, T.Q. Howes, M. Parker, C.M. Roberts. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2014: 11 (6):645-651.
- A cohort study to identify simple clinical tests for chronic respiratory failure in obese patients with sleep disordered breathing. S. Mandal, E. Suh, E. Boleat, W. Asher, M. Kamalanathan, K. Lee, A. Douiri, P.B. Murphy, J. Steier, N. Hart. BMJ Open Respiratory Research 2014;1e000022
- Admission prevention in COPD: non-pharmacological management. E. Suh, S. Mandal, N. Hart, BMC medicine 2013; 11:247
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome: does the current definition need revisting? N. Hart, S. Mandal, A. Manuel, B. Mokhlesi, JL Pepin, A, Piper, J.Stradling. Thorax 2013; 69:1: 83-84
- Provision of Home Mechanical Ventilation and Sleep Services for England Survey. S. Mandal, E. Suh, M. Davies, I. Smith, T.M. Maher, M.W. Elliott, A.C. Davidson, N. Hart. Thorax 2013;68:9;880-881