Consultant respiratory physician and sub dean
MA DM FHEA FRCP
Phone number: 020 7472 6260
Email address: email@example.com
Fax: 020 7472 6801
Mr Dilworth is a respiratory physician with a wide range of interests within the specialty including a special interest in asthma and is the service line lead for respiratory medicine for the Royal Free. He is also UCL Medical School sub dean (lead for undergraduate medical student teaching) for the Royal Free campus of UCLMS.
- Respiratory Medicine: Specialist Handbook. Ed. Dilworth JP and Baldwin DR. Harwood Academic. 2001. 700 page text designed for specialist registrars
- Highnett R, Fernando R, McGlennan A, McDonald S, Stewart A, Columb M, Adamou T, Dilworth P. A randomised cross over study to determine the effect of a 30 degree head up versus a supine position on the FRC of term parturients. Anaesth Analg 2011;113:1098-102
- Hurst JR, Fitzgerald-Khan F, Quint J, Goldring JP, Mikelsons C, Dilworth JP, Wedzicha JA. Use and utility of a 24-hour telephone support service for ‘high risk’ patients with COPD. Primary Care Resp J. 2010;19
- Jose RJ, Dilworth JP, Cleverley J, Young M, Stratton R, Lipman M. Wegener’s granulomatosis with multiple pulmonary nodules – diagnostic difficulties. J R Soc Med Sh Rep 2010:1:34
- Masterton RG, Galloway, French G; Street M, Armstrong J, Brown E, Cleverley J, Dilworth P et al. Guidelines for the management of hospital acquired pneumonia (HAP) in the UK. Working party on HAP of the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. J of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2008;62:5-34
- Al Hasani A, Chapman T, Dilworth JP, Agnew JE. Does daily humidification treatment improve the rate of lung mucociliary clearance in bronchiectasis patients. Chronic Respiratory Disease 2008;5:81-86
- Creer DD, Dilworth JP, Gillespie SH, Johnston AR, Johnston SL, Ling C, Patel S, Sanderson G, Wallace PG, McHugh TD. Aetiological role of viral and bacterial infections in acute adult lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) in primary care. Thorax 2006;61:75-79
- Dilworth JP, Dacre J. Student welfare; a network for pastoral help. Clinical Teacher 2006;3:34-38
- Park JES, Beal I, Dilworth JP, Tormey V, Haddock J. The HRCT appearances of granulomatous
- pulmonary disease in common variable immunodeficiency. Eur J Radiology 2005:54:359-364
- Hasani A, Toms N, Agnew JE, Lloyd J, Dilworth JP. Mucociliary clearance in COPD can be increased by both a D2/2 and a standard 2 agonists. Respir Med 2005;99:145-151.
- Dheda K, Lim K, Ollivere B, Leftley J, Lampe FC, Salisbury A, Dilworth JP, Rajakulasingum R. Assessments for Oxygen Therapy in COPD: Are we under correcting arterial oxygen tensions? Eur Resp J 2004;24:1-4.
- Hasani A, Toms N, Agnew JE, Sarno M, Harrison AJ, Dilworth JP. The effect of inhaled tiotropium bromide on lung mucociliary clearance in patients with COPD. Chest 2004;125:1726-1734.
- Douse J, Derrett-Smith, Dheda K, Dilworth JP. Should doctors wear white coats? Postgraduate medical journal. 2004;80:284-6
- Hasani A, Toms, N, O’Connor J, Dilworth JP, Agnew JE. Effect of salmeterol xinofoate on lung mucociliary clearance in patients with asthma. Respiratory Medicine. 2003;97:667-671
- Hasani A, Pavia D, Toms N, Dilworth JP, Agnew JE. Effect of aromatics on lung mucociliary clearance in patients with chronic airways obstruction. JACM 2003;9:243-249
- Hurst JR, Fitzgerald-Khan F, Mikelsons C, Dilworth JP, Wedzicha JA. Use and utility of an early presentation and intervention in COPD (EPIC). Eur. Resp J. 2009;34(suppl 53):600s
- Hignett R, McGlennan A, Fernando R, McDonald S, Stewart A, Columb M, Adamou T, Dilworth P. Does a 30o head up position in term parturients increase FRC? Implications for general anaesthesia. . Society for Obstetric Anaesthetists Association. Chicago. 2008
- Cameron MM, Hill N, Johnston A, Creer D, Dilworth P. A double blind placebo controlled trial to assess the efficacy of house dust mite control in reducing symptoms of patients with atopic asthma. Poster presentation European Allergy Meeting 2007.
- Islam, J; Gibbons D, Rimer J, Wilkinson T, Wedzicha J, Dilworth P. Identifying COPD patients at risk of frequent hospital admissions. ERS annual meeting 2006. Poster presentation.
- Does daily humidification treatment improve the rate of lung mucociliary clearance in bronchiectasis patients. Al Hasani A, Chapman T, Dilworth JP, Agnew JE. Eur Resp J. 2005
- JES Park, I Beal, V Tormey, P Dilworth, J Haddock. The HRCT Appearances Of Granulomatous Pulmonary Disease In Common Variable Immune Deficiency. Eur Resp J, 2004 Sept: 24(S48): 489S
- Dheda K, Lim K, Ollivere B, Leftley J, Lampe FC, Salisbury A, Dilworth JP, Rajakulasingum R. Comparison of wall
- source oxygen vs. oxygen concentrator for the assessment of LTOT in patients with COPD. Am J Respir Crit Care Med
- 2003; 16(7)A444.