Senior lecturer and consultant vascular surgeon
MB BChir MD FRCS
Phone number: 020 7794 0500 ext 33938
Email address: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Tsui is a vascular surgeon with a special interest in diabetic foot complications. She is a UCL senior lecturer and her research focusses on peripheral arterial disease and diabetic foot ulceration. She qualified from Cambridge University and trained in the North East Thames region.
- Joshi D, Abraham D, Shiwen X, Baker D, Tsui J (2014). Potential role of erythropoietin receptors and ligands in attenuating apoptosis and inflammation in critical limb ischaemia. Journal of Vascular Surgery, 60, 191-201
- Navi A, Patel H, Shaw S, Baker D, Tsui J (2013). Therapeutic role of toll-like receptor modification in cardiovascular dysfunction. Vascular Pharamacology 58, 231-239.
- Ho TK, Leigh RD, Tsui J (2013). Diabetic foot disease and oedema. British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease, 13, 45-50.
- Dashwood M, Tsui JC (2013). ‘No-touch’ saphenous vein harvesting improves performance in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: a journey from bedside to bench. Vascular Pharmacology, 58, 240-250.
- H Patel, SG Shaw, X Shi-Wen, DM Baker, J Tsui (2012). Toll-Like Receptors in ischaemia and its potential role in the pathophysiology of muscle damage in critical limb ischaemia. Cardiology Research and Practice Epub 2012 Feb 7.
- Mendoza-Naranjo A, Cormie P, Serrano AE, Wang CM, Thrasivoulou C, Sutcliffe JE, Gilmartin DJ, Tsui J, Serena TE, Phillips AR, Becker DL (2012). Overexpression of the gap junction protein Cx43 as found in diabetic foot ulcers can retard fibroblast migration. Cell Biol Int 36, 661-7.
- Homer-Vanniasinkam S, Tsui J (2012). The continuing challenges of translational research: clinician-scientists’ perspective. Cardiology Research and Practice Epub 2012 Aug 9
- Joshi D, Patel H, Shi-wen X, Baker DM, Abraham D, Tsui J (2011) Development of an in vitro model of myotube ischemia. Laboratory Investigation, 91, 1241-52.
- Tsui J, Barry T, Dick J, Baker D, Selvakumar S (2011) Aortic tumour presenting as acute lower limb ischaemia. Circulation, 123, 1785-7.
- Morgan-Rowe M, Nikitorowitcz J, Shiwen X, Leask A, Tsui J, Abraham D, Stratton R (2011) Thrombospondin-1 in hypoxia conditioned media blocks the growth of human microvascular endothelial cells and is increased in systemic sclerosis tissue. Fibrogenesis & Tissue Repair, 4:13.
- Tsui JC, Shi-wen X (2011). Endothelin-1 and peripheral arterial disease: a potential role in muscle damage. Pharmacological Research, 63, 1241-52.
- Dashwood MR, Tsui JC (2011) Further evidence for the role of endothelin-1 in critical limb ischaemia. Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling, 5: 45-49
- Ho TK*, Tsui J, Shi-Wen X, Leoni P, Abraham D, Baker D (2010) Angiogenic effects of stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1/ CXCL12) variants in vitro and the in vivo expressions of CXCL12 variants and CXCR4 in human critical limb ischemia. Journal of Vascular Surgery, 51, 689-99.
- Tsui JC (2010). Experimental models of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Open Cardiovascular Medicine Journal, 4: 221-230