Mr Daniel Cohen
Consultant Urological Surgeon
BMedSc (Hons) MBChB PhD FRCS (Urol)
Phone number: 020 7794 0500 x32467
Mr Daniel Cohen is a Consultant Urological Surgeon.
His clinical practice covers the diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer, prostate cancer, benign prostate disease (HoLEP – Holmium Laser Enucleation), acute stones and general urology. Mr Cohen is an associate member of the European Association of Urology Bladder Cancer Guidelines Panel. He has an active interest in prostate and bladder cancer research and is a core member of the Bladder and Prostate cancer multidisciplinary teams. Mr Cohen was awarded a PhD from Imperial College London for his research on Simulation in Healthcare training and Health Policy.
- Validation of behavioural simulations: a case study on enhancing collaboration between partnership organizations. Cohen D, Vlaev I, Heitmueller A, Parston G, Schmidtke K Darzi A. J Public Health (Berl.) 2018 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-018-0948-y
- Risk Stratification Tools and Prognostic Models in Non-muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer: A Critical Assessment from the European Association of Urology Non-muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer Guidelines Panel. Soukup V, Čapoun O, Cohen D, Hernández V, et al. Eur Urol Focus. 2018 Nov 20. pii: S2405-4569(18)30337-7. doi: 10.1016/j.euf.2018.11.005.
- Indication for a Single Postoperative Instillation of Chemotherapy in Non-muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer: What Factors Should Be Considered? Babjuk M, Burger M, Compérat EM, Gontero P, Mostafid HA, Palou J, van Rhijn BWG, Rouprêt M, Shariat SF, Sylvester R, Zigeuner R, Capoun O, Cohen D, Dominguez-Escrig JL, Hernández V, Peyronnet B, Seisen T, Soukup V; European Association of Urology Guidelines Panel on Non–muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer. Eur Urol Focus. 2018 Jul;4(4):525-528. doi: 10.1016/j.euf.2018.07.023. Epub 2018 Jul 27.
- The prognostic performance and reproducibility of the 1973 and 2004 WHO grading classification systems in non-muscle invasive bladder cancer: an EAU Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Guidelines Panel systematic review; Soukup V, Capoun O, Cohen D, Hernandez V et al; European Urology 2017 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2017.04.015
- The Crucible Simulation: Behavioural simulation improves clinical leadership skills and understanding of complex health policy change; Cohen D, Vlaev I, McMahon L, Harvey S, Mitchell A, Darzi A. The Crucible Simulation: Behavioural simulation improves clinical leadership skills and understanding of complex health policy change; Health Care Management Review 2017 May 11. PMID:28498143
- EAU Guidelines on Non-Muscle-invasive Urothelial Carcinoma of the Bladder; Babjuk M, Böhle A, Burger M, Capoun O, Cohen D, Compérat EM, Hernández V, Kaasinen E, Palou J, Rouprêt M, van Rhijn BW, Shariat SF, Soukup V, Sylvester RJ, Zigeuner R; Eur Urol. 2016 Jun 17. pii: S0302-2838(16)30249-4. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2016.05.041.
- Is Prebiopsy MRI Good Enough to Avoid Prostate Biopsy? A Cohort Study Over a 1-Year Period. Lamb BW, Tan WS, Rehman A, Nessa A, Cohen D, O'Neil J, Green JS, Hines JE. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2015 Dec;13(6):512-7.
- Cohen D, Adebayo D, Robinson P, Jalan R, Mishra V. Lower urinary tract assessment and treatment in patients undergoing subcutaneous implantation of a battery powered catheter drainage system for managing refractory ascites. BJUI 2014; 113 (S5):65-66
- Virtual-world hospital simulation for real-world disaster response: design and validation of a virtual reality simulator for major incident management Pucher P, Batrick N, Taylor D, Chaudery M, Cohen D, Darzi A.. Journal of Trauma. 2014 Aug;77(2):315-21
- The Implementation of an Interactive Virtual World Simulation for Structured Surgeon Assessment of Clinical Scenarios Patel V, Aggarwal R, Cohen D, Taylor D, Darzi A.. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2013 Aug;217(2):270-9
- Behavioural Simulations in Health Policy: Current Uses and Future Developments. Cohen D, Darzi A, Vlaev I. Journal of Health Services Research and Policy April 2013 vol. 18 no. 2 98-106
- Tactical and operational response to major incidents: Feasibility and reliability of skills assessment using novel virtual environments. Cohen D, Sevdalis N, Patel V, Taylor M, Lee H, Vokes M, Heys M, Taylor D, Batrick N, Darzi A. Resuscitation. 2013 Jul;84(7):992-8.
- Emergency preparedness in the 21st century: Training and preparation modules in virtual environments. Cohen D, Sevdalis N, Taylor D, Kerr K, Heys M, Willett K, Batrick N, Darzi A. Resuscitation. 2013 Jan;84(1):78-84.
- Major incident preparation for acute hospitals: Current state of the art, training needs analysis, and the role of novel virtual worlds simulation technologies. Cohen D, Sevdalis N, Patel V, Taylor D, Batrick N, Darzi A. J Emerg Med. 2012 Dec;43(6):1029-37
- Modelling of the bony pelvis from MRI using a multi-atlas AE-SDM for registration and tracking in image-guided robotic prostatectomy. Gao Q, Chang PL, Rueckert D, Ali SM, Cohen D, Pratt P, Mayer E, Yang GZ, Darzi A, Edwards PE. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2013 Mar;37(2):183-94.
- An effective visualisation and registration system for image-guided robotic partial nephrectomy. Pratt P; Mayer E; Vale J; Cohen D; Edwards E; Darzi A; Yang G. Journal of Robotic Surgery 2012; 6(1): 23-31
- 2D/3D registration of a preoperative model with endoscopic video using colour-consistency. Chang P-L, Chen D, Cohen D, Edwards P. Proceedings of the 6th international conference on Augmented Environments for Computer-Assisted Interventions; Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2012; 7264: 1-12
- "An Unusual Urological Tumour": Above the Collar and below the Belt.Mayer EK; Undre S; Cohen D; Walker MM; Vale JA; Patel A. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2012:480826
- Mayer EK; Cohen D; Chen D; Anstee A; Vale JA; Yang GZ; Darzi AW; Edwards E. Augmented Reality Image Guidance In Minimally Invasive Prostatectomy. European Urology Supplements. 2011;10:300-300
- Single and multi-user virtual patient design in the virtual world. Taylor D, Patel V, Cohen D, Aggarwal R, Kerr K, Sevdalis N, Batrick N, Darzi A. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2011;163:650-2.
- Augmented-Reality Image Guidance in Minimally Invasive Prostatectomy. Cohen D, Mayer E, Chen D, Anstee A, Vale J, Yang GZ, Darzi A, Edwards P. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2010, Vol 6367/2010 101-110
- Marathon-induced ischemic colitis: Why running isn't always good for you. Cohen DC, Winstanley A, Engledow A, Windsor AC, Skipworth JR. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine 2009;27(2):255