Consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon
MBBS MS(London) FRCS FRCS(Gen)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PA/secretary phone number: 020 7830 2163
PA/secretary email address: email@example.com
Fax: 020 7830 2468
Mr Agu specialises in keyhole endovascular techniques for treating blood vessels including aortic aneurysms, dissections, varicose veins, DVT, vascular malformations, swollen and painful legs with blocked arteries and veins and narrowed neck arteries preventing strokes. He moves blood vessels around allowing other surgeons to safely reach and treat diseased organs in surgically remote locations. He provides these service at Royal Free, Great Ormond Street, UCLH, RNOH Stanmore, NHNN Queens Square.. His research interests include aortic stenting, genetics, veins and multiscale computational modelling of diseases. He is a member of the NHS London cardiovascular leadership advisory group and chairs the vascular advisory group. He leads vascular services at UCLH.
- Genomic research to identify novel pathways in the development of abdominal aortic aneurysm; Cardiology Research and Practice 2012 ,doii: 10.1155/2012/852829
- A gene-centric study of common carotid artery re-modelling; Atherosclerosis. 226(2):440-6
- Elective sac perfusion to reduce the risk of neurological events following endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aneurysms J Vasc Surg.;55(4):1202-5.
- EMQs and Data Interpretation in Surgery (Vascular chapter) Publishers: Hodder Arnold Health Sciences, London
- Endothelin receptors in the aetiology and pathophysiology of varicose veins, European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery 23(2): 165-71
- The ‘Wound Boot’: A Preliminary Assessment of a Novel Device for the Management of Leg Ulcers, Phlebology 16(2): 73-75
- DVT Prophylaxis: Audit of practice in general surgical patients in a teaching hospital, Phlebology 15(2): 71-74
- Graduated compression stockings in the prevention of venous thromboembolism (review); British Journal of Surgery 86 (8): 992-1004
- Anatomy & complications of femoral injecting, Educational DVD for Exchange Supplies & Harm Reduction Service, Dorchester, Dorset, UK
- Evaluation of the hemodynamic effectiveness of aortic dissection treatments via virtual stenting. Int J Artif Organs. 2014 Apr 4;0(0):0. doi: 10.5301/ijao.5000310
- Development of a patient-specific simulation tool to analyse aortic dissections: assessment of mixed patient-specific flow and pressure boundary conditions. Med Eng Phys. 2014 Mar;36(3):275-84.