Consultant child and adolescent psychotherapist and head of child psychotherapy services
Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychotherapist. B.Sc, M.Sc, MACP, MBPC
Phone number: 0207 830 2931
Email address: email@example.com
Ricky Emanuel has worked at the Royal Free Hospital since 1988 as head of child psychotherapy. His interests are in trauma, bereavement and eating disorders as well as neuropsychoanalysis. He was clinical lead for Camden PCT working to commission CAMHS services in Camden.
Selection of publications. More available on request:
- 2014 Mindfulness and meditation in the consulting room in The Buddha and the Baby – Psychotherapy and Meditation in working with Children and Adults. Ed Maria Pozzi Monzo. Karnac Books. London
- 2013 (lead author with others). Implementing an aims based outcome measure in a psychoanalytic psychotherapy service – insights, experience and evidence. Journal of Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry. DOI: 10.1177/1359104513485081
- 2012 An application of Bion’s theory of thinking and transformations in hallucinosis. An experience of supervision with Dr Donald Meltzer. Journal of Child Psychotherapy Vol.38 No. 3 December 2012 282-301
- 2001 Anxiety – Ideas in Psychoanalysis. Icon Books. Published also in On a Darkling Plain – Journeys into the Unconscious. Icon Books 2002 and also translated into a number of languages.
- 2001 A-Void – An Exploration of defences against sensing nothingness. International Journal of Psychoanalysis Vol 82. p1069. Also published in Educational Therapy and Therapeutic Teaching. Caspari Foundation. Issue 12. June 2003