Consultant oral and maxillofacial surgeon
BDS, MBBS, FDSRCS, FRCS, FRCS (maxfax)
Phone number: 020 8375 1764
PA/secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 020 8342 1201
Wayne Halfpenny is a consultant in oral and maxillofacial/head and neck surgery. He is a fellow of the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons and a core member of the thyroid cancer MDT. He covers all aspects of thyroid/parathyroid surgery with a special interest in the management of thyroid cancer.
- Zaman Mirza, Mustansir Alibhai, Janavikulam Thiruchelvam, Wayne Halfpenny, Wai-Lup Wong, Luke Sonoda, Curtis Offiar, Matthew Keenan, Leo Cheng, Nicholas Kalavrezos. A review of thyroid PET incidentalomas – a North/North-East London experience. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Sep; Vol. 51, Issue 6, Page e110.
- Mustansir Alibhai, L. Gilbert, F. Abbas, W. Halfpenny. A local review of thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Br J Oral and Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Sep; Vol. 51, Issue 6, Page e107.
- A. Ketabchi, S. Sah, N. Khan, W. Halfpenny, J. Thiruchelvam. Management of the neck in the occult primary: results of a national audit. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011 Jun; Vol. 49Supplement 1, Page S73.
- Halfpenny W, Prabhu K, Balaraman K, Thiruchelvam J, McGurk M. A Modified technique of radial forearm free flap anastomosis.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Jan; 46(1):68-9. Epub 2007 May 24.
- Lee KH, Halfpenny W, Thiruchelvam JK. Spinal cord compression in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007 Apr;103(4):e16-8. Epub 2007 Jan 31.
- Millwaters M, Khan N, Halfpenny W. Simultaneous lymphoma and squamous cell carcinoma presenting as a neck lump. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Mar;46(2):144-5. Epub 2007 Feb 23.
- Alagarswamy RK, Halfpenny W, Thiruchelvam JK, Mohamid W. Rare presentation of Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare infection. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007 Dec;45(8):670-2. Epub 2006 Nov 20.
- Goodger NM, Halfpenny W, Williams S. An unusual cause of oro-antral fistula. Dent Update. 2004 Jan-Feb;31(1):31-3.
- Halfpenny W, Hain SF, Biassoni L, Maisey M, Sherman J, McGurk M. PET SUV as a predictor for survival in patients with head and neck SCC. Br J Cancer. 2002; 86: 512-516.
- Halfpenny W, Davies HT. A novel use for the Branemark irrigation system in microvascular surgery. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002; 40: 136-137.
- Halfpenny W, Fraser J, Adlam D. Comparison of two haemostatic agents for the prevention of post extraction haemorrhage in patients on anticoagulants. Ora Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2001; 92: 257-259.
- Halfpenny W, Odell E, Robinson PD. Glial and Mixed Choristoma of the tongue. J Oral Path Med. 2001; 30: 368-371.
- Halfpenny W, McGurk M. Stomal recurrence following temporary tracheostomy. J Laryngol and Otol. 2001; 115: 202-204.
- Halfpenny W, Bhandari R, Dunkley S. Facial nerve paralysis with an inflammatory parotid mass. Int J Clin Pract 2001; 55: 413-414.
- Halfpenny W, McGurk M. An analysis of tracheostomy-related complications in head and neck cancer surgery. Br J OralMaxillofac Surg. 2000; 38: 509-512.
- Halfpenny W, Verey A, Bardsley V. Myxoma of the mandibular condyle. OralSurg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2000; 90: 348-353.
- Halfpenny W. Role of sulcus deepening sutures in head and neck surgery. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 38: 608-609.
- Halfpenny W, Goodger NM. Early stress fracture of the clavicle following selective neck dissection. J Laryngol and Otol. 2000; 114: 714-715.
- Lowey MN, Halfpenny W. Observations on the use of rectally administered diazepam for sedating children before treatment of maxillofacial injuries: report of nine cases. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry. 1993; 3: 89-93.