The importance of patient opinion: Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital
At Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital we make sure that patients, relatives and carers meet regularly with the director of nursing and our medical staff to discuss patients' experience of our care at our hospitals. We do this via our patient and relatives' advisory group (PRAG) which surveys patient opinion. We then use this to make improvements to our services.
Help us improve the patient experience: join the PRAG
Patients, relatives and carers can get information about the PRAG from our patient advice and liaison team. We welcome all patients, relatives and carers who have experience of care at our London hospitals and who would like to get involved.
What information does the group receive about the patient experience?
The PRAG is given information and briefings on key topics, such as:
- how the trust performs in national patient satisfaction surveys
- how the trust is managing things like hospital food and nutrition, dignity and respect, continence care and healthcare for hospital patients who require dementia care
- talks on topics such as infection prevention and disease prevention and control of hospital acquired infection.
In addition, the PRAG members are able to get more involved in:
- observations of the quality of interactions between hospital staff and patients
- talking to patients and hearing their views and feedback using electronic trackers
- taking part in the annual patient environment action team programme and, from next year, being involved in the new patient-led inspection programme.
- Helping with staff education sessions by highlighting carer and patient experience.
The PRAG gives its feedback and views to the trust's patient experience strategy.
Further information on the PRAG
For further information on the PRAG, please email email@example.com.