Benefits and support
Volunteering should never be financially detrimental to the volunteer.
- All volunteers receive a comprehensive induction, training and support throughout their role.
- Travel expenses can be fully reimbursed upon agreement from the voluntary services manager/supervisor.
- Royal Free London volunteers at each of our hospitals are given in-house lunch vouchers after a minimum of a four hour volunteer shift.
- Volunteers are given ongoing support throughout their placement and always have access to a member of the voluntary services department team.
- If you volunteer to improve your employability we will work to support you with this.
You must be aged a minimum of 16-years old to apply to volunteer. There is no upper age limit.
Prospective volunteers can apply for a summer, six or twelve month placement. Local residents are prioritised over those who do not live in the local area or the catchment boroughs of Camden, Barnet and Enfield. All volunteers are assessed on an individual basis in regards to the volunteer roles that they are applying for.
We strongly believe in equal opportunities and welcome applicants that are representative of our diverse local and wider communities.