NHS service improvement
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust firmly believes in providing a world-class patient experience through ever-improving healthcare services.
The Barnet, Enfield and Haringey clinical strategy made a number of changes to services in order to improve healthcare for people in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. These include:
- expansion and redevelopment of accident and emergency services at Barnet and North Middlesex hospitals
- expansion and redevelopment of neonatal and maternity services at Barnet Hospital and North Middlesex Hospital, including the development and expansion of midwife-led birthing units
- development of urgent care services at Chase Farm Hospital, including assessment centres for children and older people
- improvements to day-to-day healthcare, also known as primary care
To back up our strong commitment to the best patient experience, we understand that we must:
- ensure local medical services meet London-wide quality standards for NHS treatment
- ensure the right hospital staff are available to provide healthcare services, including providing the right level of consultant cover
- reduce the risks associated with the duplication of medical services across hospitals
- invest in local hospital facilities, bringing them up to modern standards
- deliver a sustainable future for local NHS treatment
- expand planned surgery provision at Chase Farm Hospital
Changes to our medical services: watch our video
The following video shows some of the ways that healthcare has been improved through changes to services in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey.