Our vision, mission and values
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust runs three hospitals in London:
- Barnet Hospital
- Chase Farm Hospital
- Royal Free Hospital
Across our three London hospitals, our vision is clear: to deliver world class expertise and local care. We combine globally recognised clinical expertise with local and friendly hospital care to represent the NHS at its best.
Our mission is to be world class in terms of healthcare treatment, clinical research and teaching excellence. We aim to deliver and develop leading local healthcare in all three of our hospitals, to improve lives and help people thrive.
Achieving our mission
Our governing objectives set out how we will achieve our mission by making sure that we have:
- Excellent outcomes in our clinical services, research and teaching
- Excellent experience for our patients and staff
- Excellent financial performance
- Safe and compliant with our external duties
- Continual development of a strong and highly capable organisation
Our governing objectives are supported by the following trust annual objectives:
- Implement our organisation wide approach to quality improvement to provide better services of better value for patients.
- Reduce delayed transfers of care and improve the flow of emergency patients through and out of our hospitals.
- Improve the recruitment and retention of staff and make the organisation a great place to work.
- Focus on operational improvement and efficiencies which will help us meet our performance targets.
- Serve our patients well by being as inclusive as possible and providing strong role models for staff.
Read more about our commitment to patients.
Measuring our performance
In order to meet our aims, we want to ensure that our three London hospitals are in the top 10% of all healthcare providers for:
- quality of clinics and treatments
- medical research
- teaching and training new medical staff
- patient satisfaction and experience
- value for money