At the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, we are fully committed to providing a high quality patient experience.
To help us achieve that aim, the patient advice and liaison service (PALS) offers support, information and assistance to patients, relatives and visitors about medical services and hospital care. Find out how PALS can help you.
Contact us online
Contact us by telephone
If you wish to speak to someone on the telephone, please use the numbers below:
- Barnet Hospital PALS: 020 8216 4924
- Chase Farm Hospital PALS: 020 8216 4924
- Royal Free Hospital PALS: 020 7472 6446 or 020 7472 6447
The PALS team at Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital
The patient advice and liaison service for Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital is based on the ground floor of Barnet Hospital, near the main entrance.
It is open Monday to Friday, from 10am-4pm. You can contact PALS using the details below:
Tel: 020 8216 4924
Write to us: patient advice and liaison service (PALS), Barnet Hospital, Wellhouse Lane, Barnet EN5 3DJ
Visit us: We are open for visitors Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm. You will find us on the ground floor of Barnet Hospital, near the main entrance.
If you being treated at Chase Farm Hospital or another site and cannot make it to our office, please phone us and we will arrange a time to visit you.
The PALS team at the Royal Free Hospital
The patient advice and liaison service for the Royal Free Hospital in the hospital’s main reception.
The service is open from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, except Wednesday, when the service is open from 10.30am to 4pm.
You can contact the team using the following details:
Tel: 020 7472 6446/6447; (020 7472 6445 - 24 hour answer phone)
Fax: 020 7472 6463
SMS: 447860023323 (Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing impaired patients only)
Support to make a complaint about our medical services
If you are staying with us, or visiting someone who is, the best person to talk to is the nurse in charge or the matron of the ward. If you are visiting a hospital clinic, you can ask reception to put you in touch with the member of staff you need to talk to. Alternatively you can use our online feedback forms (see below).
- Complain about Barnet Hospital
- Complain about Chase Farm Hospital
- Complain about the Royal Free Hospital
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received at any of our hospitals, our complaints team will also be happy to help you. Find out how to make a complaint.
If you would like independent advice and support, the advocacy services below are available:
- VoiceAbility works across England with people who are vulnerable or marginalised to raise their voices and have their rights respected.
- NHS Complaints Advocacy United House, 39-41 North Road, London N7 9DP www.nhscomplaintsadvocacy.org and www.voiceability.org
- POhWER provides advocacy service for patients resident in Hertford shire, Bedfordshire and Luton.
- NHS Complaints Advocate Head Office Hertlands House Primett Road, Stevenage, SG1 3EE Tel: 0300 456 2370 Fax: 0300 456 2365 Minicom: 0300 456 2364 Website: www.pohwer.net Email: email@example.com