We run internationally recognised clinical research and training programmes and our hospitals conduct medical research, much of which is of international reputation.
The Royal Free Hospital is a leading hospital for the training of doctors, nurses, midwives and professions allied to medicine.
We offer fantastic support and opportunities for our nursing and midwifery staff to include:
- access to internally run clinical skills and personal development courses
- access to an internal leadership tool kit and development programme
- access to a Band 6 talent management programme for aspiring ward/unit managers
- support with applications for nationally run leadership programmes
- access to a nationally-recognised preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
- access to post-registration CPD courses, modules and programmes from our partner universities for career and role model development
- support from locally based clinical practice educators/facilitators
We have a lively and vibrant working atmosphere, with quick and easy transport links to all our hospitals. Our size and resources enable us to offer a range of attractive benefits as well as unparalleled education and development opportunities for staff at all levels. This includes an extensive portfolio of academic and clinical courses and programmes ranging from ongoing personal development through to clinical excellence and leadership skills. The Royal Free London prides itself on its investment in staff both in terms of developing career and life skills but also its commitment to staff health and wellbeing.
Our mission is to deliver world class care and expertise in our clinical services, underpinned by world class teaching and research. We will continue to measure our progress against our five governing objectives; excellent outcomes, excellent patient and staff experience, excellent value for taxpayers’ money, being safe and meeting our external duties, and building a strong organisation.