What is My RFL Care Patient Portal?
My RFL Care Patient portal is a secure online system provided by Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust that allows you to view information from your hospital record. You can access My RFL Care from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Registering for the patient portal will help you view and manage your outpatient appointments, view test results, receive secure messages from your care teams, complete questionnaires and receive letters and documents..
Since it launched in 2020, over 250,000 patients have registered for My RFL Care patient portal. To help us review and continuously improve how My RFL Care works for you, we would love to hear your feedback about your experience by completing this short survey.
What can I do on My RFL Care?
Once registered, you will be able to:
- View and manage your outpatient appointments.
- Receive direct messages from your RFL clinical team.
- Complete clinical questionnaires and assessments prior to appointments.
- View test results.
- View your recorded health information such as key metrics and allergies.
- Receive and store copies of letters from the hospital about your care.
What do I need to register?
Once you have an appointment booked with us you will receive a text message invitation to register for the portal, follow the link in the invitation to complete registration. The patient portal is only available to patients 18 years and older. During registration you will need to enter a personal email address and have the UK mobile number that is registered on your hospital record in order to receive a 5-digit verification code.
How do I register?
When you are scheduled a new outpatient appointment, we will automatically send you a text message inviting you to join the patient portal – please click on the secure link, and follow the instructions as prompted. You can watch our video for more information on how to register.
If you do not have an upcoming appointment, but have previously received an invitation to register, you can register by clicking here. You will need to have your NHS number to complete registration.
Do I have a choice?
Joining My RFL Care is optional and if you don’t sign up, we will continue to communicate with you by post and phone. However, you will miss the opportunity to have your outpatient appointment, clinic letters, and your hospital health records accessible to you online. If you choose not to register now, you can change your mind at any time when you have an upcoming outpatient appointment at Royal Free London. You can register on the website (you will need your NHS number) or click on the link we’ve sent on texts inviting you to register.
How do I opt-out?
- If you do not wish to register and do not want to receive further invitations to join, you can send a text message to 62277 saying "PORTAL RFL STOP".
- You can also opt-out using the online form here.
- Or if you have already registered, but no longer wish to use it, you can use the ‘Delete my account’ option in the ‘My Details’ section of the portal. You will need to be logged in to the portal to access this link.
Got a problem with the portal?
If you experience a technical issue using My RFL Care, please refer to the help centre available in the portal in the first instance.
For any questions, or issues related to your clinical care, please contact your care team using the contact details on your appointment letter.
Do you require technical support? For additional support, or to report a problem, please follow this link.