Pre-operative assessment health triage questionnaire
The Pre-Operative Assessment (POA) Health Triage Questionnaire will be sent to eligible* patients who have been advised they need to have an operation by their hospital clinician. Your responses will help the POA team book you into the right type of appointment the first time round based on your current health status and needs.
About the Pre-Operative Assessment Health Triage Questionnaire
The questionnaire has been designed by our expert team of clinicians and with patient feedback. You will be asked a series of questions about your current health conditions and some social questions. Please answer as fully and honestly as possible so we can book you into the correct type of pre-assessment appointment.
What to expect
- If you are eligible to receive the questionnaire, you will receive a text message with a link included inviting you to complete it. It should only take between 5-10 minutes to complete.
- If you are already registered on the portal, click the link in the text message and this will take you to the POA questionnaire.
- If you are not yet registered on the portal, you will be asked to sign up first, please click the link in the text message to register. Once registered, you will be redirected to the questionnaire, or you can access the questionnaire by going to the ‘Questionnaires’ section of the portal.
- Do not worry if you do not answer all the questions in one go. Your changes will be saved at the end of each section. You can return to complete the questionnaire in the ‘Questionnaires’ section of the portal. Remember to submit your questionnaire once you are done.
- Once submitted the questionnaire will appear in ‘Completed questionnaires’.
What happens if I do not complete the questionnaire?
Please do not worry if you do not complete the questionnaire. You will still receive an appointment for your pre-operative assessment. This will most likely be a telephone appointment in the first instance, but you may also be required to attend the hospital if you need to be seen face to face.
If you have any technical issues accessing, or completing the questionnaire, please use the report a technical issue form located in the Help Centre. Please note we cannot provide medical assistance or answer any questions about your condition, this is for technical issues only.
*Eligibility for the questionnaire
The Pre-Operative Assessment (POA) Health Triage Questionnaire will only be sent to those patients who are suitable to receive it. Patients who may not require a general anaesthetic, or who require urgent treatment will not receive it.