14 July 2018, 10:30 – 14:00
Location: The Atrium, The Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, Hampstead, London NW3 2QG
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday 14 July 2018.
We will be holding a nursing recruitment open day at Barnet Hospital from 10.30 am to 2pm in the Education Centre (to the left of main hospital building). The day will be a great opportunity for you to meet with some of our clinical team, learn more about the trust, the job opportunities we have and how we can support your career.
You will also have an opportunity to talk to our, education department and colleagues from Middlesex University. We will try and accommodate informal visits to clinical areas depending on extent of interest.
We will be assessing and interviewing on the day so if you are interested in working for us, apply today or come along for a visit.
At the open day we are offering exciting opportunities for:
* Band 5 Staff Nurses
* Student nurses due to qualify anytime in 2018
* Nursing Assistants - please note to be assessed on the day you will need to submit an online application and be invited.
If you are a band 5 nurse looking for a different career opportunity you can now apply to transfer sideways to a new specialty within the organisation. The pilot nurse transfer scheme aims to improve job satisfaction, promote staff progression and retain valued staff within the organisation. On the day you will have the opportunity to discuss the process as well as gain a greater understanding of the opportunities available to you.
We are currently recruiting in the following specialties
Specialties with nursing vacancies:
- Care for Elderly People
- Stroke and rehabilitation
- Surgical wards
If you can't make it to our open day, we have alternative assessment centre dates throughout the year. You will be asked to select the most convenient date for you during the application process.
We run internationally recognised clinical research and training programmes and our hospitals conduct medical research, much of which is of international reputation.
We offer fantastic support and opportunities for our nursing and midwifery staff to include:
- access to internally run clinical skills and personal development courses
- access to an internal leadership tool kit and development programme
- access to a Band 6 talent management programme for aspiring ward/unit managers
- support with applications for nationally run leadership programmes
- access to a nationally-recognised preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
- access to post-registration CPD courses, modules and programmes from our partner universities for career and role model development
- support from locally based clinical practice educators/facilitators
We have a lively and vibrant working atmosphere, with quick and easy transport links to all our hospitals. Our size and resources enable us to offer a range of attractive benefits as well as unparalleled education and development opportunities for staff at all levels. This includes an extensive portfolio of academic and clinical courses and programmes ranging from ongoing personal development through to clinical excellence and leadership skills. The Royal Free London prides itself on its investment in staff both in terms of developing career and life skills but also its commitment to staff health and wellbeing.
Our mission is to deliver world class care and expertise in our clinical services, underpinned by world class teaching and research. We will continue to measure our progress against our five governing objectives; excellent outcomes, excellent patient and staff experience, excellent value for taxpayers’ money, being safe and meeting our external duties, and building a strong organisation.