The chaplaincy-spiritual care team is here for everyone. It is a multi-faith, multi-denominational team who offer spiritual, religious and pastoral care to patients, staff, visitors and volunteers.
You do not have to think of yourself as religious to make use of the service. Some people may value the opportunity to talk to someone about how they are feeling and the changes they may be facing.
The team offer:
- Spiritual and religious care in response to individual needs.
- Support for you, your relatives, or friends.
- Time and space to explore your thoughts and feelings.
- A caring, sensitive, non-judgemental approach.
Our team of chaplains
We have Christian (Anglican and Roman Catholic), Jewish (Rabbi) and Muslim (Imam and female Muslim) chaplains and several volunteers from various traditions.
If a representative of your faith is not listed above, or if you would like to speak to a humanist, the team will be happy to arrange a meeting for you where possible.
The Chapel, Muslim Prayer Room and Shabbat Room are located on:
- the lower ground floor at the Royal Free Hospital
- level 0 at Barnet Hospital
- first floor of Chase Farm Hospital.
The chapels and multi-faith spaces are places of peace in the midst of busy hospitals. Everyone is welcome.
Every Friday from 1pm at all three hospital chapels.
Roman Catholic mass
Every Sunday from 2pm at the Royal Free Hospital Chapel.
If you wish to receive Holy Communion by the bedside, please ask the nurse to call the Chaplaincy-spiritual care team, or feel free to call the numbers below.