Nicotine nasal spray works by the nicotine from the spray being absorbed through the blood vessels in the nasal passage, relieving your urge to smoke and allowing you to continue with breaking the psychological habit of smoking.
How frequently can I use the nicotine nasal spray?
You can use the spray once in each nostril up to twice an hour. Do not use more than 64 sprays in 24 hours (no more than two sprays per hour).
How will the nicotine nasal spray feel?
When you first start use the spray, you may experience some irritation of the nasal passage such as a runny nose, sneezing or watery eyes. These effects will generally lessen within a few days.
How do I use the nicotine nasal spray?
Before using the spray you need to prime the spray. To do this press the button of the spray three times until a fine spray is produced. If you have not used the spray within a few days, spray again.
To use the spray, follow the instructions below:
- Tilt your head back slightly.
- Insert the tip of the spray into the shallow part of your nostril. Release the spray by pressing the bottom of the bottle firmly and quickly.
- Do not sniff, swallow, or inhale while spraying.
- If your nose runs, gently sniff to keep the nasal spray in your nose. Wait two or three minutes before blowing your nose.
- After spraying breathe in slowly. Then repeat this in the other nostril.
- Apply one spray up each nostril.
Strength of the nicotine nasal spray
Each bottle contains 10ml of nicotine. Each spray approximately delivers 0.5mg of nicotine into the blood stream.
Possible side effects
Common side effects: Runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, nose bleeds, coughing, throat irritations, hot peppery feeling in the nose or back of throat.
Less common: Abdominal discomfort, palpitations.
If your nose bleeds after use, stop using the nasal spray.
NOTE: The nasal spray is NOT suitable for you if you suffer with frequent nose bleeds.
The safety and care of our patients is our priority. Our staff have been working hard to get ready for the switch o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
We want everyone who works for us to get their flu vaccine but we know it can sometimes take a nudge from a friend.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…