Eating disorder service: helpful resources

Worried about yourself or someone you know and not sure what to do?

Talk to your GP

Your GP may be the first person you talk to about how you are feeling. Your GP may refer you to CAMHS if they feel this will help you. If you don’t have a GP, you can find one near you on NHS Choices.

General health enquiries

For general health enquiries dial 111 – this has replaced NHS Direct as the single number to call for urgent non-emergency advice. You can still contact your GP or local pharmacist for care advice. The NHS 111 service does not replace the emergency 999 service.

Other helplines and resources

  • BEAT: Beat is a UK-based charity providing extensive information about eating disorders, as well as blogs written by people who have an eating disorder, those who have recovered and carers.
  • Eva Musby: Eva Musby is the mother of a young woman who has recovered from AN. She provides practical and emotional support for parents with a child who has an eating disorder, based upon her own experiences of caring for her daughter.
  • F.E.A.S.T. (Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders): This organisation provides information about eating disorders and support.
  • MaleVoicED: This organisation provides information and support specific to males with eating disorders.
  • NHS: This is the NHS website with information on eating disorders