Last updated: 30 July 2020
This page is continually being updated to reflect the changing situation. Please check this page and our social media channels regularly for the latest information.
In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, we are putting extra measures in place to protect patients, visitors and staff. Find out more about these measures and how you can support the trust during this challenging time by reading how we're keeping you safe.
Our response to COVID-19
We know this will be a difficult time for our patients, and their families, friends and carers. We appreciate your understanding and support in helping us to protect our patients and staff.
As part of our response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we have introduced a number of important measures to reduce all visits to our hospital including:
- Urgent planned care has restarted at the Royal Free London
- Making changes to our out-patient appointments
- Advice for visitors
- Making changes to adult services at Edgware Community Hospital
- Changes to non-emergency patient transport:
Some of our services have also developed service specific advice, including:
- Adult blood tests
- Easy read information
- Neonatal service, advice for children and advice for parents, guardians and carers
- Kidney and kidney transplant
Please check our services A-Z.
Symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in a 24 hour period (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Read our patient leaflets and publications
.pdf (255 KB)
.pdf (246 KB)
.pdf (419 KB)
.pdf (397 KB)
.pdf (393 KB)
.pdf (759 KB)
.pdf (45 KB)
.pdf (44 KB)
.pdf (712 KB)
.pdf (221 KB)
.pdf (699 KB)
.pdf (2 MB)