Camden diabetes integrated practice unit (IPU) is a multidisciplinary team consisting of consultants, nurses, dietitians, podiatrists, psychologists who are all specialists in diabetes care. They are supported by GPs and practice nurses trained in diabetes care.
The IPU means people living in Camden who have diabetes will benefit from:
- Responsive, joined up services delivering improved clinical outcomes.
- Group and online structured education programmes to help them to self-manage their diabetes.
- A Bengali specific structured education programme.
- Access to healthcare professionals with the skills to provide the support they need.
- Being actively involved in decisions about their healthcare and diabetes care plan.
Similarly, healthcare professionals will benefit from:
- A dynamic portfolio of high quality, flexible, accessible education programmes, including clinical mentorship for all clinicians involved in diabetes care.
- Virtual access and in-house support for primary care colleagues from diabetes consultants and specialist nurses.
Camden diabetes IPU received national recognition for their work when they won the QIC award for Best Initiative to Reduce Variation in Diabetes Care, 2015. The team are pictured here with their award.
Judges described the initiative as "a breath of fresh air. It is a comprehensive and outstanding project established in a complicated area. It is innovative, patient-led and the team achieved amazing outcomes."
Donations to support our staff