Occupational Therapy for Children, Young People and Families - Assessment, Intervention and Service
16 October 2017 — 20 October 2017
Location: Swiss Cottage Development and Research Centre London NW8 6HX
Who is it for:
This hugely successful annual course, now in its fourth year, is aimed at paediatric OTs and those who are interested in a career move, who want to learn from clinicians who are specialists in their field.
It will appeal to new graduates as well as those working in paediatrics (and other areas of OT) at band 5 or 6 level.
- Course content will include current best practice in assessment and intervention for a wide range of children with conditions such as ASD, CP, DCD, Developmental Delay, ADHD and the age range covered will be birth to school leaving age
- The course will focus on the latest evidence-based approaches; efficient intervention processes from referral to discharge and cost-effective service delivery models.
- Goal setting and measuring outcomes
- A special session will be devoted to writing EHCPs and the use of our universal school based model
- A variety of teaching methods will be used including clinical videos, group work and lectures.
- The team will share many of the resources used in this well-known service and all participants will be given a copy of 'OT Tools' - a useful resource for OTs working in schools and preschools.
- Following excellent feedback we will continue to add in specialist case studies such as the pre term child, use of SI, Digital Assistive Technology, Postural Management and CO-OP groups plus many more
- There will also be an opportunity to visit the OT department and participate in a follow up morning 3-4 months after the course.