8 October 2020
The Edgware Birth Centre will reopen on Monday 12 October.
Your safety and the safety of your baby is our top priority and things may be different when you have your baby at the centre.
One consistent birth partner can be present when you are in labour and admitted to the birth centre.
If you are accompanying a woman in labour, please wear a face mask at all times. Our staff will advise whether you need to wear any specific/additional protective personal equipment.
Keeping you safe
To keep you safe when you visit us, we have made some important changes. These include:
- changing the way our staff and patients access our buildings
- installing clear markers and signage so patients know where to go
- regularly cleaning every area of our hospital – including birthing rooms, birthing pools, ward areas and frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and lift buttons
- ensuring all patients and people who accompany them wear a face covering at all times when in hospital, staff must also wear a face mask
- increasing the number of hand sanitisers across our hospitals so people can wash their hands more frequently
More information about what you can expect when you visit us is available on our website.
If you would like more information about the centre/options on where you can give birth, please contact your midwife.
You can also find out more details about Edgware Birth Centre.