The Camden Community Paediatric Service offers assessments and care to children and young people with neurodevelopmental concerns and to vulnerable children with safeguarding concerns and who are looked after.
Our team of neurodevelopmental paediatricians and trainee paediatricians see children and young people with a wide range of conditions across three main sites: Kentish Town Health Centre, the Royal Free Hospital, and Swiss Cottage School.
At the Royal Free Hospital, these include:
- Seizure clinic.
- Joint clinics with physiotherapy and orthopaedics for motor and tone difficulties.
- Neurocutaneous clinic.
- joint clinics for under two-year-olds with an occupational therapist for complex developmental difficulties.
At the Camden MOSAIC (Making Our Services All Integrated in Camden) service at Kentish Town Health Centre, these include CNWL led:
- Multi-disciplinary assessments for under five-year-olds with complex physical disability and learning needs.
- Children requiring assessment for autism.
and Royal Free Hospital-led clinics for:
- General neurodevelopmental difficulties and for medical assessments to contribute to education, health and care plans.
- Children with Down’s syndrome.
- Joint clinics with an occupational therapist for developmental co-ordination disorder.
At Swiss Cottage School, we see children with complex health needs including epilepsy, Down’s syndrome and cerebral palsy, and those needing support with transition to adult medical services.
We work closely with the therapy teams and nursing service at the school and have a limited outreach service to other schools in Camden with medically complex students.
We provide paediatric services for children looked after in Camden (in collaboration with Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust), offering comprehensive statutory initial health assessments and working closely with multi-agency partners to ensure the health and developmental needs of children and young people in care are met. We also have an advisory role in fostering and adoption.
We also work alongside the Islington community paediatric team (Whittington Health) to provide a daily rapid-access CPME (child protection medical examination) service, seeing children and young people from the boroughs of Camden and Islington in whom there are significant safeguarding concerns.