Visiting our neonatal units
Parents are encouraged to spend as much time as possible with their baby over each 24 hour period; unfortunately we do not have facilities for siblings to stay.
Grandparents and siblings are able to visit daily, and other adult visitors are able to visit between 2pm and 7pm.
When visiting our neonatal units, please observe the following:
- No children other than siblings are able to visit and children must be accompanied by a parent.
- There can be only two visitors at the cot side at any one time.
- All visitors are asked to take off their outdoor coats/jackets (but not leaving valuables in pockets) and hang them up on the hooks provided.
- All visitors are asked to use the hand gel rub when entering the nurseries.
- It is not advised to visit the units if you are feeling unwell.
We ask parents to provide nappies and cotton wool/baby wipes (fragrance free) for the duration of your baby’s stay. We have a large supply of baby clothes but you are welcome to bring your own for your baby to wear if you would prefer.
Contacts and location
Starlight neonatal unit
The Starlight unit is located on the second floor of Barnet Hospital, next door to the antenatal clinic and opposite Galaxy ward and the children’s out-patient department. You can call the department on 020 8216 5160 or 020 8216 5161.
Neonatal unit, 6 West B
The neonatal unit 6 West B at the Royal Free Hospital is located next to the children’s ward on the sixth floor of the main tower block. You can call the department on 020 7830 2733.
The safety and care of our patients is our priority. Our staff have been working hard to get ready for the switch o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
We want everyone who works for us to get their flu vaccine but we know it can sometimes take a nudge from a friend.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…