Our rehabilitation programmes are provided to enable people to regain (partial or full) independence in everyday activities. The multidisciplinary team will address physical, cognitive (thinking), perceptual, communication and psychosocial (mood and social) performance in order to optimise independence and quality of life.
Interventions may include:
- acquired brain injury rehabilitation and condition management including trauma, encephalitis, anoxia, meningitis, vasculitis, toxic causes etc.
- assessment, rehabilitation and condition management for progressive neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis and motor neuron disease
- spasticity management, including casting, splinting and positioning for spasticity management and prevention of contractures
- basic environmental control assessments in collaboration with regional environmental control service
- complex seating assessments – jointly with the wheelchair service
- specialist vocational rehabilitation assessment and intervention – in-reach and community follow up as required
- in-patient and day attendance programmes can be provided and are individually designed according to identified need
- a range of therapeutic groups such as psychological strategies group cognitive aids workshop, brain injury education group.
The slip road that links Pond Street to Rowland Hill Street is closing on Monday, 26 February. Your alternative rou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our Community… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
We are holding a nursing recruitment open day tomorrow. The day will be a great opportunity for you to meet with so… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…