Our rehabilitation programmes are provided to enable people to regain (partial or full) independence in everyday activities. The multidisciplinary team will address physical, cognitive (thinking), perceptual, communication and psychosocial (mood and social) performance in order to optimise independence and quality of life.
Interventions may include:
- acquired brain injury rehabilitation and condition management including trauma, encephalitis, anoxia, meningitis, vasculitis, toxic causes etc.
- assessment, rehabilitation and condition management for progressive neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis and motor neuron disease
- spasticity management, including casting, splinting and positioning for spasticity management and prevention of contractures
- basic environmental control assessments in collaboration with regional environmental control service
- complex seating assessments – jointly with the wheelchair service
- specialist vocational rehabilitation assessment and intervention – in-reach and community follow up as required
- in-patient and day attendance programmes can be provided and are individually designed according to identified need
- a range of therapeutic groups such as psychological strategies group cognitive aids workshop, brain injury education group.
Achievement award for healthy trust
A band 5 post has become available at the Royal Free Hospital London infectious and tropical diseases unit. Find ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…